PDA

View Full Version : Question about Elka rear suspension for a Spyder RTL

SpyderFrog
09-28-2017, 01:51 PM
So I have Elka suspension in the front of my 2015 RTL and I'm very happy with its performance. My question is directed to anyone who has knowledge or experience with the Elka rear suspension... I was just wondering what your opinions are on it? It's a considerable amount of change to spend and I'm just sort of wondering whether or not it is worth the investment and how much I can expect it to effect the performance of my RTL.

fastfraser
09-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Unless you ride mostly 2 up or exceed the 350 lb limit I think the stock shock is sufficient. I ride 2 up most of the time and have the Elka stage 2 shock front and back for a huge difference over stock

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-28-2017, 08:30 PM
A member here ( quite awhile back ) found a non-oem SPRING that He used to eliminate this issue ..... I also think it was a very in-expensive cure compared to a High End coilover swap .............jmho....Mike :thumbup:

Peteoz
09-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Unless you ride mostly 2 up or exceed the 350 lb limit I think the stock shock is sufficient. I ride 2 up most of the time and have the Elka stage 2 shock front and back for a huge difference over stock

I agree completely, FastFraser. The stock two up shock on the F3-L, which appears similar to the RT, was doing a sterling job when it was just me and my 320 lbs on board. It was even doing a pretty good job with an extra 120lbs of pillion on it, but it did bottom out occasionally, which is why I switched to a heavy duty Wilbers. The front Wilbers made a big difference, but the rear is about the same, albeit with zero bottoming out.

Pete