PDA

View Full Version : front wheel alignment on F3T

Windjamer
09-24-2017, 12:41 PM
​Would like to get opinions on the advantages of front end wheel alignment...Is it worth spending $125 and how would one know if it is needed?

Chupaca
09-24-2017, 01:06 PM
A good alignment will help many things on your ryde and its handling. A good alignment outfit (Squared Away one of the best) will not charge you if you don't need one. Is it worth it..? by all means. Seeing as most units are out of alignment even from the factory and knowing that you are tracking straight makes it worth while. I have it done after tire changes at least once a year....:thumbup:

Bfromla
09-24-2017, 02:34 PM
:agree::2thumbs: As far as how you would know bike would pull to one side or other, not simply drift but PULL:yikes: One may feel jerking motion in curves, tire cupping & other or other damages, usually fast wear on one side. :lecturef_smilie:Others please list what I have missed:chat:

Highwayman2013
09-24-2017, 02:38 PM
http://www.spydercomfort.com/

Wildrice
09-25-2017, 08:10 PM
A good alignment will help many things on your ryde and its handling. A good alignment outfit (Squared Away one of the best) will not charge you if you don't need one. Is it worth it..? by all means. Seeing as most units are out of alignment even from the factory and knowing that you are tracking straight makes it worth while. I have it done after tire changes at least once a year....:thumbup:

All these comments on front end alignment & best tire choices have worn me down. I'm thinking I should change my tires before I submit to an alignment--I've spent $125 on a bad dinner & drinks several times before--this seat of the pants feeling has always been very subjective to me, but you win--basically I have nothing significant to loose to verify that it's correct. I'm still evaluating the Cat versus the bypass. It's a good thing I enjoy projects.
Darrell

No 2817
09-26-2017, 04:50 AM
All these comments on front end alignment & best tire choices have worn me down. I'm thinking I should change my tires before I submit to an alignment--I've spent $125 on a bad dinner & drinks several times before--this seat of the pants feeling has always been very subjective to me, but you win--basically I have nothing significant to loose to verify that it's correct. I'm still evaluating the Cat versus the bypass. It's a good thing I enjoy projects.
Darrell

Wildrice,

PM'ed you about the CAT.

Chirs

Kredab
09-26-2017, 06:02 AM
You will not be disappointed with a Laser Alignment. I've been to rallies and never,never have heard a negative on the Laser Alignment. If Squared Away(the best) finds it in specs there is NO CHARGE. My "purl" was a quarter off on one side, it was night and day after it was "Squared Away". Do yourself a favor and catch Squared away somewhere and get it done you will not be disappointed.
I hosted a Squared Away party at my house, 9 Spyders got "Squared Away", everybody left with a smile.:spyder2::spyder2:

Windjamer
09-30-2017, 06:55 PM
You will not be disappointed with a Laser Alignment. I've been to rallies and never,never have heard a negative on the Laser Alignment. If Squared Away(the best) finds it in specs there is NO CHARGE. My "purl" was a quarter off on one side, it was night and day after it was "Squared Away". Do yourself a favor and catch Squared away somewhere and get it done you will not be disappointed.
I hosted a Squared Away party at my house, 9 Spyders got "Squared Away", everybody left with a smile.:spyder2::spyder2:
how do you find squared away?

SpyderAnn01
09-30-2017, 08:12 PM
how do you find squared away?

We are in Las Vegasbut we travel around to most of the rallies. We will be at the Texas Hill Country Rally in October. The closest we will get to you is likely at Spyderfest in Springfield MO.

Bruisr
10-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Just had my alignment done by Joe and Ann(and a few other upgrades) at Squared Away.. what a difference😎. ... seriously when one spends 20k plus on these Spyders... what’s $120 to get it right:yikes: