PDA

View Full Version : 1330 Top Speed Limiter +

Wildrice
09-16-2017, 06:55 PM
I'll be recieving my upgraded ECM from "Monster Fuel Injection" Sept 18th--Monday afternoon--my Spyder is disassembled for other add on's thus my time & weather will control my testing. Messaging back & forth with Steve Bramham at Monster Fuel I've learned the 1330 's do have a 120 mph top speed limiter regardless of gears. Steve said the earlier non 1330 Spyders didn't have that limitation. Geez--if i can get to 120 fast I;m not sure I'll want to go any faster on my available roads with the existing tires but I've changed my mind in the past. Steve is currently working on removing the 1330 Top Speed Limiter & engine cooling cycle. I've had the slow-stopped traffic heating problem on my Hayabusa's--solved by lining the bottom of the air plenum with adhesive heat shielding around the entire bottom area next to the IAT sensor--not that easy to do on the 1330 engine. If this modification works out as expected I may send the ECM back to Steve at Monster Fuel during the Winter months. I've heard nothing but Positive remarks on those who have had their ECM upgraded via "Monster Fuel" on this forum. I look forward to testing my 2015 F3's SE6 with the upgraded ECM. I will keep all updated on my testing results on this forum.
Darrell

Dmetcalf
09-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Looking forward to hearing how this project turns out ..!

Lew L
09-17-2017, 10:29 AM
I also am interested in this upgrade.

Kaos

AllanSpyder
09-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving around.

I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed :) Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back.

Allan

I'll be recieving my upgraded ECM from "Monster Fuel Injection" Sept 18th--Monday afternoon--my Spyder is disassembled for other add on's thus my time & weather will control my testing. Messaging back & forth with Steve Bramham at Monster Fuel I've learned the 1330 's do have a 120 mph top speed limiter regardless of gears. Steve said the earlier non 1330 Spyders didn't have that limitation. Geez--if i can get to 120 fast I;m not sure I'll want to go any faster on my available roads with the existing tires but I've changed my mind in the past. Steve is currently working on removing the 1330 Top Speed Limiter & engine cooling cycle. I've had the slow-stopped traffic heating problem on my Hayabusa's--solved by lining the bottom of the air plenum with adhesive heat shielding around the entire bottom area next to the IAT sensor--not that easy to do on the 1330 engine. If this modification works out as expected I may send the ECM back to Steve at Monster Fuel during the Winter months. I've heard nothing but Positive remarks on those who have had their ECM upgraded via "Monster Fuel" on this forum. I look forward to testing my 2015 F3's SE6 with the upgraded ECM. I will keep all updated on my testing results on this forum.
Darrell

Doug
09-17-2017, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=AllanSpyder;1301159]Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving ar
I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed :) Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back

I thought or understood it was the stage 2 flash that allowed you to get up to 120mph and is still in the works or am i wrong

jcthorne
09-17-2017, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=AllanSpyder;1301159]Nice to hear that there are more and more upgraded Spyders moving ar
I do have Monster FI upgraded ECU on my F3 and it is now no problem to get my Spyder to 120 MPH fast if needed. There is no need to go any faster, but it is always good to know that you can if needed :) Monster FI flash is really impressive and after you ride you "new" Spyder you do not want to get your old one back

I thought or understood it was the stage 2 flash that allowed you to get up to 120mph and is still in the works or am i wrong

The basic tune (stage one) without removing the RPM limits will let you get to 120 pretty darn fast without difficulty.

Wildrice
09-17-2017, 08:22 PM

I believe the Stage 2 removes the top speed limiter & adds a new cooling cycle feature. I don't know if the Stage 2 upgrade will have the same $$$ price for that upgrade.. I question the wisdom of exceeding 120 mph if one is riding on stock issue tires...

nealperkins
09-17-2017, 08:41 PM
So, one question is, 'Why are you still on stock issue tires?' I mean why buy those if you lack confidence in them?

AllanSpyder
09-18-2017, 01:23 AM
In my opinion, if you upgrade your ECU you must be ready to change also the tires (if you have Kendas), rear & front shocks and Baja Ron sway bar would be good thing to have as well. Otherwise you can go fast only on a straight roads.

Allan

[QUOTE=Doug;1301163]

I believe the Stage 2 removes the top speed limiter & adds a new cooling cycle feature. I don't know if the Stage 2 upgrade will have the same $$$ price for that upgrade.. I question the wisdom of exceeding 120 mph if one is riding on stock issue tires...

Wildrice
09-18-2017, 09:39 AM
So, one question is, 'Why are you still on stock issue tires?' I mean why buy those if you lack confidence in them?

I am still riding on the original issue tires. Most of my driving has been short trips plus I had a Hayabusa, a few health issues including L5-S1 spacer fusion, a non-diagnosed broken lower right rib which disabled the right lung diaphragm (just had 1 lung for over 1.5 yr--bent down to pick up something--gurgling noise started for 6-7 seconds & now right lung is working paradox to the left--Unbelievable--huh + +. When I replace Kedras will not be my brand of choice.
Darrell

Bob Denman
09-18-2017, 09:55 AM
:shocked: We're back to tires again??? :banghead:

:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

Wildrice
09-18-2017, 11:29 AM
:shocked: We're back to tires again??? :banghead:

:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

Yes Bob---we have a very short attention span--It's the part of the vehicle where the rubber meets the road--some think it's important :-)

Darrell