PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Ryder in Oregon

melodys39
09-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Hi. My name is Melody, and I'm a brand new rider in Oregon. All I can say is that I love my Spyder!!! I rode behind my husband on his Harley for 5 years before I decided I wanted to ride on my own, and rode a large scooter for almost 10 years. Then my husband passed away almost a year ago, and I didn't know if I'd ride anymore. But then I rode on a Spyder, and that all changed. I felt my family and friends wouldn't be as worried about me if I was riding by myself. And I was right!!!
This is a great forum, and happy to be part of it. I've learned a lot already :)

easysuper
09-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the Spyder Family Melody,
There is a great chapter in Portland called the Columbia River Spyder Riders that meet at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland on the first Saturday of every month for breakfast and if the weathers good a ride. My wife and I both have Spyders and live in Lebanon and make the 100 mile ride up most Saturdays in the summer. It's a great club and we have made some great new friends and went on some great day rides and week long trips with some of the members. Come and visit !

melodys39
09-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the Spyder Family Melody,
There is a great chapter in Portland called the Columbia River Spyder Riders that meet at Elmer's at Delta Park in Portland on the first Saturday of every month for breakfast and if the weathers good a ride. My wife and I both have Spyders and live in Lebanon and make the 100 mile ride up most Saturdays in the summer. It's a great club and we have made some great new friends and went on some great day rides and week long trips with some of the members. Come and visit !

Thanks easysuper! That sounds like a perfect fit for me!

Roadster Renovations
09-14-2017, 09:13 AM
:welcome::congrats:on the new ryde!

sealfloorboards
09-14-2017, 10:49 AM
Hi Melody,
Welcome aboard. My wife and I are also members of the Portland Spyder Riders of America chapter. As one of the 6 Founding Members, I've watched it grow to around 100 great Spyder Riders. Come join us. We live in Newberg, Or. What model Spyder did you buy? I also rode a Honda Silverwing(a great 600 cc Scooter) for several yrs. till I saw an 08 GS and my riding life changed.
Ride in comfort,
John

d.o.spyder-rts
09-14-2017, 11:25 AM
:congrats:on your spyder and:welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

melodys39
09-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Hi Melody,
Welcome aboard. My wife and I are also members of the Portland Spyder Riders of America chapter. As one of the 6 Founding Members, I've watched it grow to around 100 great Spyder Riders. Come join us. We live in Newberg, Or. What model Spyder did you buy? I also rode a Honda Silverwing(a great 600 cc Scooter) for several yrs. till I saw an 08 GS and my riding life changed.
Ride in comfort,
John

Hi John,
Thanks for the invite to the Portland chapter. Didn't know there was one. I bought a 2017 RT Limited. I also have a Silverwing. Great scoot! But like you said, my life style changed, and I thought I might give up riding. But after one Spyder ride, I changed my thinking :) Let me know when and where your group meets. I'm in Aumsville, east of Salem.

Chupaca
09-14-2017, 01:05 PM
To both the spyder world and this most amazing site...congrats on your new ryde..:2thumbs: we have severl ryders from Oregon here so they may give you a "what's up" maybe get some ryding in with them...:thumbup:

Saluda
09-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Welcome and congrats on the Spyder. Sorry for the way it came about.

Zip
09-14-2017, 02:03 PM
:welcome: & :congrats: On your new ryde.

ARtraveler
09-14-2017, 02:51 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your :spyder2:. Lots of nice people in your area. :yes::yes: