PDA

View Full Version : My Pod Trailer

RNBOB
09-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Has anyone towed a My Pod trailer with there Spyder?

Fatcycledaddy
09-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Has anyone towed a My Pod trailer with there Spyder?
A dry weight of 515 lbs and tongue weight of 55 lbs. That is on the smallest trailer with no cargo. Both tongue and dry weight exceeds the Spyders towing specs.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-13-2017, 04:48 PM
A dry weight of 515 lbs and tongue weight of 55 lbs. That is on the smallest trailer with no cargo. Both tongue and dry weight exceeds the Spyders towing specs.
:agree: ........ However pulling the load is not really the issue ..... it's STOPPING it ..... if you put some small electric brakes on it , I would'nt worry about the weight .............. jmho .....Mike

jaherbst
09-13-2017, 05:21 PM
Yep, I'm with Mike on this believe it or not. I really like the IPod. Great looks, more room, and possibly bear proof. Seriously! It could be done.

Jack

Bob Denman
09-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Jack... :D
The only thing on this Planet that is truly "Bear-proof"; is another, MUCH larger bear! :yikes:

There are other trailers available, that don't push the limits of the Spyder: please shop for one of them!
Happy Hunting! :thumbup:

WA5VHU
09-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Does anyone ever use the search tool here?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7081161

jaherbst
09-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Jack... :D
The only thing on this Planet that is truly "Bear-proof"; is another, MUCH larger bear! :yikes:

There are other trailers available, that don't push the limits of the Spyder: please shop for one of them!
Happy Hunting! :thumbup:

Bob, by time "Yogi" got through chewing all the fiber glass he wouldn't have any teeth or claws to harm you with. After all that give em a couple pieces

of bacon to soothe the sore gums and scurry to the woods he'd go. :D:D

Jack

Fatcycledaddy
09-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Does anyone ever use the search tool here?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7081161

Link didn't work sorry

easysuper
09-14-2017, 09:15 AM
I have been very very close to pulling the trigger, electric brakes may cinch the deal. It looks like it belongs behind the Spyder !

jaherbst
09-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Please keep us informed. If you find electric brakes for it and if you buy it. I may do the same thing. I really like this trailer.

Jack

easysuper
09-14-2017, 09:56 AM
This guy went to Homecoming this year from Portland OR. and did almost 10,000 miles and said it worked out great, the trailer is made out of insulated vinyl panels and weighs under 300 lbs.
153706 153707

Bob Denman
09-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Bob, by time "Yogi" got through chewing all the fiber glass he wouldn't have any teeth or claws to harm you with. After all that give em a couple pieces

of bacon to soothe the sore gums and scurry to the woods he'd go. :D:D

Jack

:shocked: Give him WHAT?!?!? :yikes:

A mean-spirited Grizzly (Is there any other type?) would stand a better chance of getting some snack-sized cubs away from a Mama Bear! nojoke

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-14-2017, 12:44 PM
This guy went to Homecoming this year from Portland OR. and did almost 10,000 miles and said it worked out great, the trailer is made out of insulated vinyl panels and weighs under 300 lbs.
153706 153707
And ..ONLY ... $5,000 for the stripped model :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: ............. Mike

WA5VHU
09-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Sorry my link does not work. Go near the upper right corner of the screen above where it says "Advanced Search" and type in Mypod and hit enter for just a few of the threads discussing the My Pod trailer here.

Personally, I never got the allure of a tiny teardrop type trailer. They are cute but all you have room for inside is to crawl in the door and lay down on the bed. No cooking/dining/entertainment table and chairs, no room to stand up and get dressed, just a tiny bed in a heavy package.

I like our pop-up. It starts out at about 300 lbs., has a king-size bed and a separate living room/kitchen/dressing room that has a ceiling as high as I can reach. When it rained on our last trip to the beach we sat in inside on chairs at the table and read, surfed on the computer, operated HF Amateur Radio or could lay on the bed as we wished.

On our last trip we camped in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia where there are bears, they had one in the campground a couple of days before we got there. We weren't the only canvas there and there were no warnings about the bears ripping into campers. Might be different out west?

The My Pod is certainly cute. Do you want cute or useful? Vanity or comfort?

http://www.motocampers.com/ is a great resource for motorcycle campers and other trailers.

Fatcycledaddy
09-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Sorry my link does not work. Go near the upper right corner of the screen above where it says "Advanced Search" and type in Mypod and hit enter for just a few of the threads discussing the My Pod trailer here.

Personally, I never got the allure of a tiny teardrop type trailer. They are cute but all you have room for inside is to crawl in the door and lay down on the bed. No cooking/dining/entertainment table and chairs, no room to stand up and get dressed, just a tiny bed in a heavy package.

I like our pop-up. It starts out at about 300 lbs., has a king-size bed and a separate living room/kitchen/dressing room that has a ceiling as high as I can reach. When it rained on our last trip to the beach we sat in inside on chairs at the table and read, surfed on the computer, operated HF Amateur Radio or could lay on the bed as we wished.

On our last trip we camped in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia where there are bears, they had one in the campground a couple of days before we got there. We weren't the only canvas there and there were no warnings about the bears ripping into campers. Might be different out west?

The My Pod is certainly cute. Do you want cute or useful? Vanity or comfort?

http://www.motocampers.com/ is a great resource for motorcycle campers and other trailers.

:agree: Couldn't agree more. I love the room in our Bunkhouse, love having an awning to sit under in the rain, and if blowing rain we move the chairs inside. We have never gotten wet inside, even is 12 of 14 days of rain on our Nova Scotia trip. For the 10 min difference in set up time, I will take the room of the Bunkhouse any day.