PDA

View Full Version : OK - weird Question

Eugene
09-13-2017, 11:52 AM
Has anyone tried towing their Spyder with a tow dolly?

jtpollock
09-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Has anyone tried towing their Spyder with a tow dolly?

Not a good plan unless you can get all three wheels off the ground Just ride it no distance to short or toooooo long.:thumbup: jtpollock

JayBros
09-13-2017, 12:56 PM
If you're talking about the front wheels on the dolly and the rear wheel rolling on the road I would say no way. Just think, you have it in neutral but you have that belt roaring along. Who knows what could/might happen.

ARtraveler
09-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Another vote for do it differently. :thumbup:

Chupaca
09-13-2017, 02:42 PM
If you do, and some have, you need to remove the belt. :hun: though your in neutral the output shaft is driven by the belt. Have seen situations where a few rough spots have kicked bikes into gear and that is not a good thing not to mention the added wear to all drive train parts...If you can't ryde it, put it up on a trailer...Oh and if you put it on a trailer where it rydes backwards then you need to remove the winshied and best not cover it....:lecturef_smilie:

Eugene
09-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Thanks folks - utility trailer it shall be - just thought I would ask :banghead:

youngers
09-13-2017, 04:37 PM
If you do, and some have,----------------------If you can't ryde it, put it up on a trailer...Oh and if you put it on a trailer where it rydes backwards then you need to remove the winshied and best not cover it....:lecturef_smilie:
I have wondered about the backward trailering idea , I wasn't going to do this but I did wander if some one has had a bad experience doing it this way ? thanks for the heads up on this ....