PDA

View Full Version : LED headlight ?

spyderryder53
09-12-2017, 09:20 PM
I had LED headlights installed at spyderquest and I love them but when I SWITCH FROM HIGH BEAM TO LOW OR VISE VERSA it make a pretty loud clunk noise I think that's normal but not sure. is it normal ?
thanks in advance.
Leon

ARtraveler
09-12-2017, 09:57 PM
There is actually no adjustment from high to low beam. There is a shutter that goes up and down restricting the light flow when you go from high to low beams. The click is just the noise of the shutter kicking in.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-12-2017, 10:23 PM
There is actually no adjustment from high to low beam. There is a shutter that goes up and down restricting the light flow when you go from high to low beams. The click is just the noise of the shutter kicking in.
:agree: ..... and the high beam is only noticeable to the operator when you are close to an object like your garage wall ..... When you are driving on the Highway you can't really tell the difference .................imho ..... Mike :thumbup:

spyderryder53
09-12-2017, 10:39 PM

ok thank you, it just seems like the click or clunk is way louder then before.
Leon

JayBros
09-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Leon, what brand of LED did you have installed. Thanks.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-12-2017, 10:55 PM
ok thank you, it just seems like the click or clunk is way louder then before.
Leon
Must be those new hearing aids you just got!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

spyderryder53
09-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Leon, what brand of LED did you have installed. Thanks.
TRICLED

Bob Denman
09-13-2017, 07:06 AM
The sound is normal... since yoiu can see better: you're also getting your lost hearing back! :D