PDA

View Full Version : Fender tip light kit . . . any hints on installation?

opticat
05-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I just ordered the NMN tips kit and the mud flap lights. The video about the mud flap lights posted here is great. Wondering how difficult it is to install the fender tip lights, especially the part where the single wire attaches to the turn signal wire. Any hints, and is a tester necessary?

fastfraser
05-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Pretty simple install and a tester 3.00 at Wal-Mart is a big help because as NMN says there is no rhyme or reason to how the wire is color coded as when i did mine the wire on right side was green so i tapped the green wire on the left side as well and when i tested the lights it was the wrong wire. Easy enough to fix just tap the other wire. But for 3 bucks get the tester you will use it again.

:2thumbs: A real good mod as the lights are brighter and can be seen from a distance. Also you can buy much brighter replacement bulbs for the fender tips. Listed on EBAY under Can Am Spyder 6.98.

Happy :spyder2:ing.

opticat
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks, fastfraser, just bought the ebay lights. Is the turn signal wire easy to find? About the only thing I've done is change oil, and remove most of the panels just to look inside.

Some Guy
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
The turn signal wires are super easy to find behind the instrument cluster. My only problem was the connections in the guts of the machine. My hands/arms were a little too big to get into the tight area, so I had my nephew do that part. I guess I could have removed the trunk to get easier access, but what are nephews for if you can't make them do stuff for you?! :ohyea:

northramp
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I found everything to be easier than i thought until i tried to find the existing turn signal wiring in the depths of the bike and hidden under the A arms.Once that was efforted then we had a relativly simple install until when i got to the mud flap lights and found the right tire nuts literally frozen onto the studs.

Where is Chad Knaus when u really need him !!

Northramp

opticat
05-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Hmmmmm . . . . . sounds like I'm in for quite a challenge!

fastfraser
05-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Hmmmmm . . . . . sounds like I'm in for quite a challenge!
The nuts on my front rims where way over tightened but used a regular socket wrench with a 3 foot long hollow pipe over the handle for leaverage and off they came. All in all a simple install.
Not that much off a challenge. Go ahead and try, very rewarding working on your :spyder2:.

opticat
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
The kit from NMN hasn't arrived yet, but I've got the Spyder stripped and ready. Looks as if the connector for the TIPS is right in the middle of the bike and I can barely reach it with my short arms! But I'll give it my best shot!

Magic Man
05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
The kit from NMN hasn't arrived yet, but I've got the Spyder stripped and ready. Looks as if the connector for the TIPS is right in the middle of the bike and I can barely reach it with my short arms! But I'll give it my best shot!

Jack it up and pull the wheel if you are having a hard time reaching it.

We now just do this as it is much easier and takes no more time to remove the wheel than fighting with it left on. :thumbup:

opticat
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
A big THANKS! Makes it much easier. I also removed the plastic piece that covers the bottom control arm (only 4 bolts) and that makes it easier as well. I can reach both connectors from the left side. :ohyea:

Questions
05-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Will some one PM me and let me know where everyone is buying their BRP Accessories at. Thanks.

dltang
05-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Will some one PM me and let me know where everyone is buying their BRP Accessories at. Thanks.

Just check the home page on this forum and you will find most of your answers. NoMagicNeon is probably the biggest producer of aftermarket accessories and has great customer service. Check out the mods forum here and you will see many of his products.

vt228
06-18-2009, 06:29 AM
got mine from nmn and it was easy to do I fallowed the clip on the sight .
people say they want to do same great part and thanks magic man and lamonster ....