PDA

View Full Version : Huge thanks to Proshop Motorsport & Marine

bcer960
09-09-2017, 11:42 PM
This morning as we leaving Williams Arizona in a torrential rain storm, the bike went into the dreaded "Limp mode". After several calls and one stop at a so called BRP dealer (who doesn't service spyders) in Kingman Arizona, we got the number for Proshop Motor Sports & Marine in Henderson Nevada.
Jesse said if we could get there he would get it on the BUDDs and see what the issue was.

After several hours, we arrived and the bike went in right away. The issue was mud in and around the brake light sensor. The mechanic there was first class, showing me what and where the issue was. He took the sensor out and cleaned in and around it. A build up of mud had stopped it from disengaging.

For those that have experienced it, being on a holiday and having the bike go down is no fun. But these guys took a bad situation, and got us back on the road.

First class service and people, can't thank them enough.

Ray

SpyderAnn01
09-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Ray, so sorry you had issues on your trip and also that you hit one of the very few days where it actually rains here. ProShop is an awesome dealership and they are the only ones I would have service my Spyders here. Jon, the mechanic is very knowledgeable and a super nice guy to boot. They are very supportive of our Spyder community and they even host our local Spyder Ryder of America Chapter meetings.

I'm glad you are back on your way. Now try to stay out of the mud for the rest of your trip. :roflblack:

tomand
09-10-2017, 09:11 AM
:clap::clap::clap:

classicvw
09-10-2017, 12:48 PM
What is, and where is, the brake light sensor? Or do you mean switch?
I'm new here. And confused.

Lew L
09-10-2017, 12:57 PM
What is, and where is, the brake light sensor? Or do you mean switch?
I'm new here. And confused.

+1
Is it at or near the brake peddle under the floorboard??

Kaos

Lew L
09-10-2017, 01:41 PM
Yes, it is near the brake pedel just inside of the floor board. Well exposed by the waynojoke. A stainless steel shield attached to the floor board is one of my next mods. I had one of these switches go bad on a motorcycle hand brake years ago, and the foot brake switch on my V-Max needs adjustment at least once a year.

Kaos

bcer960
09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Yes, it is near the brake pedel just inside of the floor board. Well exposed by the waynojoke.

Kaos

This is correct I had no idea there was a sensor for the brake light. You can see the wiring harnesses if you look under the bike floor board, right side, at the back of the brake linkage.

bcer960
09-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Ray, so sorry you had issues on your trip and also that you hit one of the very few days where it actually rains here. ProShop is an awesome dealership and they are the only ones I would have service my Spyders here. Jon, the mechanic is very knowledgeable and a super nice guy to boot. They are very supportive of our Spyder community and they even host our local Spyder Ryder of America Chapter meetings.

I'm glad you are back on your way. Now try to stay out of the mud for the rest of your trip. :roflblack:

Thanks Ann,
we had a great 3 days in Arizona. Got caught in the rain in Flagstaff Fri night, and it was still raining heavily Sat. Morning when we left Williams. But still a beautiful part of the country.

See you in Senora. :clap::clap::clap:

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-10-2017, 05:16 PM
we had a great 3 days in Arizona.
You know what we like best about Canadian foreigners coming to visit us? They understand our language!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: