PDA

View Full Version : Corbin seat

kyspydergal
09-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Has anybody had problems with the seat latch? After having a hard time getting it to latch the entire latch pin pulled out of the bottom of the seat. I was putting the seat on an '09 GS.

Lew L
09-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I,ve had a Corbin brick----- ahhhh-- seats on my V-max and ZX-11 for many years. I've also worked with fiberglass layups. This construction is WRONG. A metal plate should have been used to attach that seat locking pin ---- not a small insert designed for wood.

I would send photos to Corbin and demand a quick and proper repair, not just the same thing again. The local BBB ( local to where Corbin's factory is) should be notified if you can't get satisfaction from Corbin.

Good Lucknojoke

BUT--------- It's a well known fact that Corbin's customer service is poor.

Good luck

Kaos

r1100rider
09-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Has anybody had problems with the seat latch? After having a hard time getting it to latch the entire latch pin pulled out of the bottom of the seat. I was putting the seat on an '09 GS.
They need to be aligned after Install to late now it's not really needed I have liked all of my better than the stock seats

AY4B
09-10-2017, 02:20 AM
I remember having a time of it to get it to line up properly. You have to work with the adjustments of the back 2 bolts and the highth of the pin that is in the front. Keep everything a little loose at first to let the seat find its spot. After awhile it starts to conform and break in like a pair of boots. I have 0 problems with mine now but rarely open it because of the gas door.

JayD
09-10-2017, 06:38 AM
I took my pin out. There is nothing to steal under there. Problem solved.

Buckeye Chuck 54
09-10-2017, 06:55 AM
I paid $900 for a heated Corbin for my '14 RT-S. Took 6 weeks to get it, sent it right back, my privates were sitting on the glove box. It cost me $90 to ship it back. 7 weeks later I got it back, hated it ever since. It's not dished enough, I'm afraid I'll slide off the seat when cornering. Oh yes, about that latch pin thing? My seat got stuck and I couldn't open it. I had to take it to the dealer to get it to open. When it did open the pin stayed in the lock, now it's somewhere in a landfill. Anybody thinking buying a Corbin seat, go someplace else.
Chuck

JayD
09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Everybody likes something different in a seat. I bought from Corbin. I did get good customer service. Love the fit if the seat. Took a couple thousand miles to break in. The pin is the only issue I've had with it.

JerryB
09-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Hi Jay,

Re: I took my pin out.

This is what I did; not a problem since. I don't have a gas door but now do not have to use the key when refueling.

Jerry Baumchen

ARtraveler
09-10-2017, 02:48 PM
I took my pin out. There is nothing to steal under there. Problem solved.

:agree: x 2. :thumbup:

RE: Hardness--most of us who like them call them "supportive." Service from Corbin of late, seems to be at an all time low. Don't mess with the small stuff--they will just make you mad.

kyspydergal
09-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Hi Jay,

Re: I took my pin out.

This is what I did; not a problem since. I don't have a gas door but now do not have to use the key when refueling.

Jerry Baumchen

This one has a gas door. Guess I don't need it now since the pin came out. I put the stock seat back in for now and have contacted Corbin but haven't heard back yet. Maybe I'll put the Corbin seat back on and try it without the pin.

JerryB
09-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Hi kyspydergal,

Re: Maybe I'll put the Corbin seat back on and try it without the pin.

Works for me:

Actually, my Corbin seat straddles the Spyder such that it just does not move around.

Let us know what you think once you get the pin removed.

Jerry Baumchen

kyspydergal
09-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Hi kyspydergal,

Re: Maybe I'll put the Corbin seat back on and try it without the pin.

Works for me:

Actually, my Corbin seat straddles the Spyder such that it just does not move around.

Let us know what you think once you get the pin removed.

Jerry Baumchen

I don't have to take the pin out. That's the problem...it broke off while trying to install the seat.

ARtraveler
09-11-2017, 04:57 PM
I don't have to take the pin out. That's the problem...it broke off while trying to install the seat.

Based on not needing the pin...I would say no problem. If you do feel you want the pin...go through the issue with Corbin. Be prepared to wait a long time though. :(

JerryB
09-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Hi kyspydergal,

Re: That's the problem...

That's not a problem, that's a feature. :yes:

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I've been riding without the pin for over a year now. No problems that I am aware of.

kyspydergal
09-16-2017, 10:13 AM
I went for a little ride this morning and the seat seems fine without being latched down. Now for another problem...the seat is so slick when I brake or go into any kind of curve I'm all over the place. Any solutions for making the seat less slippery?

ARtraveler
09-16-2017, 02:45 PM
I went for a little ride this morning and the seat seems fine without being latched down. Now for another problem...the seat is so slick when I brake or go into any kind of curve I'm all over the place. Any solutions for making the seat less slippery?

Another "problem" that I experienced with the Corbin. Whatever you do--don't polish it with armour all or similar. It makes the seat even slicker.

I had the backrest on mine--so was kind of held in place.