PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Spyder from Irma

scarecrow
09-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Hiding mine in garage. Hope all others here in Florida are safe and will be able to ride again next week. Good luck and be safe.

bodymanpainter
09-09-2017, 08:10 AM
We have ours hiding out in the garage also but not really expecting all that much
here in Yulee, Fl. I hope I'm right! Good luck to all in the storm's path and stay safe.
Toby

PrairieSpyder
09-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Good luck to all you Florida Spyderlovers. My only advice is to make sure your Spyder insurance is paid up and then get the heck out of there! :pray::pray::pray:

Chupaca
09-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Not like setting up for the winter storage . Protecting it form this kind of weather is tough and I hope all can find a safe place to protect them. But more importantly yourselves....you can fix or replace the ryde but we want you all safe to ryde again...:pray:'s to all that this blows by with the minimal of damage to life and limb...

A1A
09-09-2017, 12:25 PM
My Spyder has pride of place always in the garage, if not riding. Good luck to all Irma watchers in the southeast.

ARtraveler
09-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Have to agree with the admonition of making sure the :spyder2: is covered by insurance and that those that have been told to evacuate heed the request.

Thoughts and :pray::pray: to all. :thumbup:

MisterP
09-09-2017, 02:40 PM
A little late for insurance discussions. Most policies have 30 day exclusions.

Mine is in a storage unit. Not sure many structures in our area will survive a Cat 4 hit. I doubt my home will.

Yazz
09-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Hope everyone in a safe place from the wind and water... :pray:

scarecrow
09-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Irma has past. Blue skies
again. But no power yet and no gas anywhere. All is safe.

Chupaca
09-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Glad you both made it safely. That is one undecided hurricane..:yikes: not that Jose has a path it will follow..:banghead::pray:'s he just wanders out to sea...

Bob Denman
09-12-2017, 06:56 AM
I hope that all of our friends in Irma's path; will check in, and let us know that they're okay...

MisterP
09-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Just got home. Power on but no air conditioning except on our porch. Main unit looks like it was flooded. This house appears to be okay but there are some seriously damaged in the neighborhood.

classicvw
09-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Just got home. Power on but no air conditioning except on our porch. Main unit looks like it was flooded. This house appears to be okay but there are some seriously damaged in the neighborhood.

But is the Spyder OK?

MisterP
09-12-2017, 07:01 PM
But is the Spyder OK?

Yes, thanks. It's in a rented garage a couple of miles from here. No apparent damage.

Now on that I am home I am waiting to hear about being deployed to Miami or the Keys to fly drone missions for disaster assessment.

PrairieSpyder
09-13-2017, 08:09 AM

Yes, thanks. It's in a rented garage a couple of miles from here. No apparent damage.

Now on that I am home I am waiting to hear about being deployed to Miami or the Keys to fly drone missions for disaster assessment.

:pray: Praise God that your property, including the Spyder, are OK and you'll be in a position to help others now.

bodymanpainter
09-13-2017, 08:50 AM
We made it trough Irma just fine with some tree limbs down and a lot of water but no
serious flooding in our area but we did lose power Sunday night and it's still out. Both Spyders
were snug in the garage and both are back on the road today. Thanks for all the thoughts and
well wishes. Hope all the others will be ok and back to normal very soon!

Toby

jtpollock
09-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Hiding mine in garage. Hope all others here in Florida are safe and will be able to ride again next week. Good luck and be safe.

Good luck to all you Florida Spyderlovers. Take care high and dry but on fire here in Colorado!!nojoke jtpollock

d.o.spyder-rts
09-13-2017, 10:10 AM
We were lucky, Irma by passed us; got some wind and rain and some power outages. Prayers out to those in the storms path. Hope your damaged is limited and you are able to recover and get back to normal as soon as possible. Dale

capt.jim
09-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, the power and the internet have returned.
I hope everyone affected from Irma and Harvey and the fires out west get back to some normalcy soon.
Sure makes me appreciate all the things we take for granted until they aren't there anymore.