PDA

View Full Version : TRAILER I'M LOOKING TO PICK UP IN MARCH 2018

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-08-2017, 12:48 PM
https://contechtrailers.com/products/freedom-60
anyone (like i have to ask) has an opinion on this. i thought price is good and they are extremely extremely helpful on phone
with deciding on size.

Saluda
09-08-2017, 01:51 PM
less than what I spent.

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-08-2017, 01:56 PM
https://contechtrailers.com/products/freedom-60
anyone (like i have to ask) has an opinion on this. i thought price is good and they are extremely extremely helpful on phone
with deciding on size.
Nice looking trailer. Find out what gauge of steel the tongue tube is. I used 0.060" x 2 in square tube when I made my trailer and it wasn't stout enough. The tongue broke all but 3/4" all the way around from the constant bouncing and vibration of the Spyder hitch and the trailer suspension. Also find out how completely the frame supports the box and how thick the floor plate is. According to the pics the box overhangs the frame front and back. You don't want the box to start sagging because it's not supported well enough for the cargo weight inside.

One thing to watch for is what is close to the trailer when it is parked in hot sun. Aluminum seems to reflect sunlight at a frequency closer to infrared and so can be hot. I had a plastic deck box get soft and lose shape from sun reflecting on it from a piece of aluminum plate.

Wrongway
09-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Although I have no experience with this particular trailer, I've towed 3 different trailers and only had an issue with one. Not enough tongue weight so I added a cooler rack and cooler. No more sway.
Anyway, the price certainly seems right considering that it is aluminum and comes with a tongue stand, top rack, aluminum wheels and a cooler rack.
Hard to go wrong in my opinion.

regards
Greg

easysuper
09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
I bought one exactly like it this summer to take on out trip to Glacier Park. It towed great and I had no issues, it did come shipped with a small size chip in the paint ( smaller than my little fingernail) and instead of shipping it back they sent me a wheel lock , and I bought some matching paint.You have some assembly required and it only took me about 1 hour to put it together. The tongue is a little lighter gauge than it should be and I do have a small bow ( 1/4") but after several long trips this summer (5,000 miles) it has not increased. It works out great as I pull an Aspen tent trailer and my wife pulls the cargo trailer.
153500 153501

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
09-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies, i spent almost 2 hours on the phone with the company yesterday asking about every part of the
build & interior dimensions for my use. The guy i spoke to mike was extremely helpful and the structure of the build sounds good.
Will be using this for car shows that i go to and i was happy when he told me the top can hold over 200lbs and the trailer can hold
400lbs total. i will probably only have a max of 150lbs. in & on it but it is good to know it can do a lot more then i need. It's tongue
weight is 20lbs. and mike said it should be easy to add led lights to the back & fenders if i want.
My main concern is the interior dimensional size and this one comes up very good for me. The next size up is much bigger & heavier
so i would rather not buy it as i would probably feel it much more when i ride.

Buckeye Bleau
09-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Before I bought my 622, because :shemademe_smilie:, I was going to order one just like what you posted, except from USA Trailer, also in OK.
I think that their expertise, materials and support are incredible.

Maybe one of the biggest pluses is the fact that they are. Sponsor of this site.

Joe

IdahoMtnSpyder
09-08-2017, 05:40 PM
The tongue is a little lighter gauge than it should be and I do have a small bow ( 1/4") but after several long trips this summer (5,000 miles) it has not increased.
I'll just say keep a real close on it for any cracking. My tongue sagged about the same for quite some time before it started cracking. After mine broke and before it was welded I inserted a 0.090" by 1 3/4 tube inside for additional strength. I bolted it to the outer tube at each end.

I was carrying about 400+ pounds, including trailer weight, with about 40 on the hitch.