PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone....New to the club 2013 st limited pearl white

mavrik
09-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone new to the club but have been a lurker for quite some time. Over the past weekend I purchased a 2013 spyder st limited in fantastic shape with 4k miles, akropovic exhaust and backrest. I have been riding my whole life all types of motorcycles and also 4 wheeler, I know this drives like a 4 wheeler but is a little different on the road so there will be a slight learning curve. I think the biggest thing I will have to get use to is the lack of a brake lever, I know it can be added but for 1k+ i'm all set and will get use to just the foot one. Well I look forward to learning more from all of you and meeting many! Cheers

SPYD3R
09-08-2017, 11:07 AM
WELCOME TO THE PARTY.... :yes:
DAN P
SPYD3R

pegasus1300
09-08-2017, 11:32 AM
:welcome: glad you found us. We love pictures so post early and post often.

Bfromla
09-08-2017, 11:38 AM
:clap::agree::congrats::welcome::ohyea: Let the FARKLES begin:yes: Plenty to enjoy .

ARtraveler
09-08-2017, 01:49 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ST. White is the "classy" color.

Since you have been lurking a while, you have probably already read the Do's and Don'ts thread. If not, give it a read. Lots of information about handling, etc.

mrwog
09-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone new to the club but have been a lurker for quite some time. Over the past weekend I purchased a 2013 spyder st limited in fantastic shape with 4k miles, akropovic exhaust and backrest. I have been riding my whole life all types of motorcycles and also 4 wheeler, I know this drives like a 4 wheeler but is a little different on the road so there will be a slight learning curve. I think the biggest thing I will have to get use to is the lack of a brake lever, I know it can be added but for 1k+ i'm all set and will get use to just the foot one. Well I look forward to learning more from all of you and meeting many! Cheers

Welcome my Brother
Mavrik is my riding bud of well over 15 years, my Spyder bit him and now he's hooked. Bought my 014 ST leftover in 015 and have 23k miles of smiles cruising the back roads of New Hampshire. He's coming up on Sunday for the first long run on his new ride. We will knock off around 400 miles of back roads heading up to the lakes region and white mountains with a dab of Maine tossed in if we can.

Be well
Mr.Wog

jerpinoy
09-08-2017, 03:52 PM
:welcome::welcome::congrats::congrats:

classicvw
09-08-2017, 03:54 PM
:welcome::congrats: I too, recently purchased a '13 ST. I only did 3 rides so far, (I went on a family vacation 2 days after purchasing it ) the first ride being the 140 mile ride home after purchase. I never rode one before I bought it, it's certainly different. I'm getting more comfortable with each mile. I already stopped trying to brake with a non existent bake lever so at this time I see no need to add one.

-George

safecracker
09-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Congrats, Enjoy your new ryde. Bruce

Bob Denman
09-08-2017, 05:34 PM
:welcome: :clap: :2thumbs:
That is one very SWEET-looking ride! :thumbup:

Gator37
09-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Welcome from Central Washington. Enjoy and be safe.

mavrik
09-09-2017, 06:26 AM
Hey thanks everybody, I'm really looking forward to it, and having a lot of fun so far. It's amazing a lot of people don't get the joke when it comes to a spyder or they give you attitude about it. Well I look forward to many fun filled files with Mrwog and my lady

JKMSPYDER
09-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Maverick I noticed that there are no air scoops from your photo. Many of the '13 ST's had heat problems, especially in warm weather. BRP came up with a fix by adding vented side panels as a good will gesture. Check with your dealer to see if he can get the panels for you and install them at no charge. Also, there was a recall about the brake reservoir melting because it was not properly shielded from the exhaust pipe. Have your dealer run the VIN to make sure this recall was done. Enjoy your new ride. I surely enjoyed my '13 ST.

ingramwc
09-09-2017, 11:15 AM
:welcome::yes::yes::yes::yes: I hope you enjoy your ST as much as I do mine!!!! I did not notice if anyone mentioned this but, under General Discussion is a topic
"Do's and Do Nots for new Spyder owners" Be sure to read this, lots of great info, may even save you a headache or two!!!
Enjoy and ride safe!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

quadfather
09-09-2017, 03:47 PM
congrats It looks like you bought my buddy marc's bike. from diamond R.V.

PrairieSpyder
09-09-2017, 09:04 PM
:welcome: & :congrats:

OKey
09-09-2017, 10:46 PM
:welcome:......and.......:congrats:
You're going to love this sight and learn a lot!!!!!!!
Safe riding :riding:

Purple Guy
09-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Welcome Aboard! :yes:

mavrik
09-11-2017, 07:44 AM
congrats It looks like you bought my buddy marc's bike. from diamond R.V.

I did....what a stand up guy....I put 500 miles on it sunday during a ride with Mrwog. Hope Marc has as much fun on his new f3T!

mavrik
09-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Maverick I noticed that there are no air scoops from your photo. Many of the '13 ST's had heat problems, especially in warm weather. BRP came up with a fix by adding vented side panels as a good will gesture. Check with your dealer to see if he can get the panels for you and install them at no charge. Also, there was a recall about the brake reservoir melting because it was not properly shielded from the exhaust pipe. Have your dealer run the VIN to make sure this recall was done. Enjoy your new ride. I surely enjoyed my '13 ST.

I have already contacted the dealer, a dealer up in NH....I mentioned something and they said it was only effecting the RT models but i showed them many forum and stuff online about the problem and i will have to go up to the dealer to have them take some photos and open a claim thru BRP...we will see. Thanks!

mavrik
09-22-2017, 02:46 PM
Having fun so far :}....almost 3 weeks and over 1500 miles:yes:

mavrik
11-28-2017, 08:27 AM
2.5 months ownership....little over 4k of miles:thumbup:...this morning was 20 degrees and I took the machine to work....miles of smiles!!! Honestly having more fun than I even thought. Previous owner, which might I say was a fantastic guy, put 4k since he purchased, I have matched him with miles :yes:. Anyway I also got the upgraded side panels which made a difference in engine temp, from what I have seen about 1 bar in temp level but also make the side profile look much better and meaner. All and all pretty damn happy with the machine.

Be safe everyone!

MurrayBrown
11-28-2017, 04:06 PM

Welcome On Board! This is a GREAT Forum!

Deanna777
11-28-2017, 04:24 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: Let the farkling begin! Don't forget to visit the Venders on the "Homepage " on this site. They have a lot of excellent farkling ideas for the spyder.

Also check the Spyder Events/Rides .

Deanna

bscofield84
11-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Congrats!! Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Love mine!

mark4Jesus
11-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Congratulations from Tennessee!

AY4B
12-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the Spyder community! I just found this article about the Spyder ST and posted it on the ST forum, Enjoy!
http://spyderlife.net/2017/11/29/998-st-spyder/
:thumbup::clap::clap::thumbup:

trucker1
12-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Welcome and may you have many wonderful rides. Happy Trails

mavrik
01-15-2018, 11:00 AM
thanks much everyone...with the weather cold and roads salty there has been less riding but still jumping out there....the other day did a few miles to get her nice and hot....was still fun even thou short...be safe everyone!!!!

nwrider
01-18-2018, 08:03 AM
Your ST looks like the twin to one I was looking at this week on Craigslist in California. Like yours, it doesn't have the 2014 side panel update but also like yours, it only has 4600 miles. Glad to hear that you're really enjoying your new ride. I rented an RT several years ago, but haven't ridden the ST - but it's the most comfortable one for me, although the RT is a close second.

Two years ago I took a class in Clark Co. WA to get my trike endorsement. I used a side car rig, but there were several ladies that were on Spyders. One on an ST and one on an RT -- they did extremely well through the riding course that was set up in the fairgrounds.

mavrik
01-25-2018, 08:54 AM
I will update my picture, the picture is when I bought the machine...I have worked with a great dealer and then upgraded my panels...I will get the new picture up and posted...it looks bitchin!