PDA

View Full Version : F3-S Windshield

cjohnson44546
09-07-2017, 03:27 AM
Ok, so I just got an 2017 F3-S about 14 hours ago... and have a whole 50 miles on it... and I found when I hit freeway speeds, it would be nice to have a windshield for sure. I really like NOT having one though most of the time. I'm still trying to figure out what all aftermarket stuff is available and what to add.

I'm looking for some type of windshield that is adjustable, but I'm not sure one is made. One thats like very low, but I can pull it up while riding, like it slides up... something that would be height adjustable, so like as I pull onto the freeway I can pull it up, but at slow speeds or when its really hot, I can choose a ton of air on me.

Does anyone make anything like this?

Thanks for the help!

JKMSPYDER
09-07-2017, 06:41 AM
​Check out Madstad windshields. They are fully adjustable and it sounds like this would be just what you need. I love mine!!

MrBones
09-07-2017, 08:00 PM
I have Madstad also. And they give us Vets a discount!

F4 Customs
09-08-2017, 06:00 AM
Check out the F4 Customs windshield for the F3S. It is adjustable, sheds rain, is optically perfect, made from High Optics Polycarbonate, and won't scratch even with steel wool.
You can see our product on our web site at www.f4customs.com

Don
330-968-4644

F4 Customs
09-08-2017, 06:03 AM
https://youtu.be/Ulue8Tg-hFo (https://youtu.be/Ulue8Tg-hFo)

LateLifeCrisis
09-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Ok, so I just got an 2017 F3-S about 14 hours ago... and have a whole 50 miles on it... and I found when I hit freeway speeds, it would be nice to have a windshield for sure. I really like NOT having one though most of the time. I'm still trying to figure out what all aftermarket stuff is available and what to add.

I'm looking for some type of windshield that is adjustable, but I'm not sure one is made. One thats like very low, but I can pull it up while riding, like it slides up... something that would be height adjustable, so like as I pull onto the freeway I can pull it up, but at slow speeds or when its really hot, I can choose a ton of air on me.

Does anyone make anything like this?

Thanks for the help!

Check out under "New Posts"

"Lots of wind on my new F3T. X-creen?
Started by Spider-man, 09-06-2017 12:36 PM"

I posted:

To eliminate "Bobble Head Syndrome," I went with the X-Creen and am very satisfied with it. I like being able to adjust the angle for more/less ventilation and although it's only been installed since spring, the adjustability enables me to catch more of a breeze on those hot days, yet keep the wind from rattling my pea brain around! You have to "play" with it to find the angles that work best for you - I've found the "sweet spot" and the air just seems to flow over my helmet, eliminating the turbulence as well as the wind noise. The clamp on version is the one I purchased - - I wanted to make sure it worked before committing to a bolt on installation and it's very secure and stable. I'm 5'4" and I can still look over it - - my Honey has the RT and I just don't like looking thru that tall windshield. I have a 2016 F3 and bought the "touring" style X-creen.

Capt. Bob
09-09-2017, 01:14 PM
The F4 windshield is the best thought out windshield I have ever used. It coupled with a pair of Baker Air Wings makes for an almost perfect and changeable ride on my 2015 F3S.

SpyderHands
09-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Loving our F4 windshield on our F3S. We went with the 32" clear shield.

Here's my product review video.

https://youtu.be/Ulue8Tg-hFo

sandman53
09-16-2017, 08:22 AM
I got a madstad on my F3 an love it. 16 F3s

CA Railwhale
09-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Check out the F4 Customs windshield for the F3S. It is adjustable, sheds rain, is optically perfect, made from High Optics Polycarbonate, and won't scratch even with steel wool.
You can see our product on our web site at www.f4customs.com (http://www.f4customs.com)

Don
330-968-4644

I've got a 32" F4 on my F3. I love the windshield, there is a little adjustment, but I run with it up all the time. At eighty on the freeway, I can ride with my faceplate open with no noise or buffeting at all. The F4 is easy to install and a little pricey, but quality is worth the money.

Air Wing Guy
09-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Check out F4 Customs for the Windshield and then check out Baker Built Air Wings they will work wonders giving you the more wind you have stated you enjoy. When it is hot open them to direct air towards you and when cool close them to deflect the air away from you keeping you warmer. We also have a really popular Luggage Rack for the F3 easy install and looks good too. You can reach us at 1-800-451-9464 or info@bakerbuilt.com if you are interested in more info. Thanks for your time.

SpyderHands
09-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Can someone please fly me over a set of the Baker Wings for my 2015 F3S? :thumbup:

I'd love to see how those work in conjunction with the F4 windshield I have mounted.

Thanks!
;)

Air Wing Guy
09-26-2017, 09:53 AM
Can someone please fly me over a set of the Baker Wings for my 2015 F3S? :thumbup:

I'd love to see how those work in conjunction with the F4 windshield I have mounted.

Thanks!
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ6bdtMICvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCw_rY9gks

These videos here show the Hand Wings and Leg Wings work (we also have the F4 Windshield installed on our F3.) if you have any questions please feel free to send us an email at info@bakerbuilt.com or give us a call 1-800-451-9464. Also don't forget we have a satisfactory guarantee you can get our Wings and if you decide for whatever reason you do not like them you have 30 days to return them for a full refund as long as the Wings are not damaged. Hope this helps you some. Thank you for your time.

Firefly
09-26-2017, 10:02 AM
I use an F4 shield... the 28" tall for my F3. I'm 5'8" and still had head buffeting over 70mph.. so I added the X-Screen and LOVE it... I can now totally eliminate having a bobble head. Both quality products.

Bensonic
09-26-2017, 07:58 PM
You can see our product on our web site at www.f4customs.com (http://www.f4customs.com)

Don
330-968-4644

I have a 2017 F3 Limited. I am 6'-0" tall. Went with a 23" F4 clear windshield. Perfect. No Buffeting. Great fit. Easy clean. Great product.

magic machine
09-28-2017, 07:31 AM
Hi,

My name is Rob, from the Netherlands, and my English writing is not very good.
Sorry of that...

I just bought my first Can Am :-)
It is a F3-s Daytona 2017.
LOVE IT !

I will pick it up from the dealer next week. Cant wait.

Question:
Because I will drive a lot of highway miles too, I would like to add a windshield.
It is not the best looks, but I like the 7Jurock

http://7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=420

Does anyone know if it will fit my Daytona?
Or do I need the "mouniting" system from Can Am?

Regards....

Rob

Michaelscs
09-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Hi,

My name is Rob, from the Netherlands, and my English writing is not very good.
Sorry of that...

I just bought my first Can Am :-)
It is a F3-s Daytona 2017.
LOVE IT !

I will pick it up from the dealer next week. Cant wait.

Question:
Because I will drive a lot of highway miles too, I would like to add a windshield.
It is not the best looks, but I like the 7Jurock

http://7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=420

Does anyone know if it will fit my Daytona?
Or do I need the "mouniting" system from Can Am?

Regards....

Rob

The windshield will work on your Daytona, but you do need the hardware mounting system from the stock Can-Am windshield.

tip
09-28-2017, 08:55 AM
I just came back from a 5000 + mile trip to Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and a few others on my"17 F3 with a Madstad windshield.
It is 3" wider than stock.
At highway speeds it was inadequate -- my opinion!
It allows too much air around the lower sides - I got cold a lot from this.
Great windshield around town and moderate speeds - but not for sustained speeds.
These are my thoughts and in no way trying to bash Madstad - they are very nice to deal with.
I would not purchase another shield from them.
Tip Schwartzbeck

magic machine
09-28-2017, 03:32 PM
The windshield will work on your Daytona, but you do need the hardware mounting system from the stock Can-Am windshield.

Thanks....

anyone drive this windshield from this brand?

and is iT possible to buy the original mounting without the windshield?

regards Rob

archibald609
09-29-2017, 08:07 AM
F4 is the only way to go!

Machinegunner
09-29-2017, 09:51 AM
My wife and I each have F4 windshields on our F3-Ss. Best windshield ever.

cjohnson44546
09-30-2017, 12:32 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up getting a Madstad windshield, and its adjustable in height and tilt enough to work great in all conditions, and was pretty easy to install. Definitely makes a huge difference after doing a 700 mile trip with no windshield at all, and that is very loud and windy...

jbauto3
10-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Call 7jurock they say they are working on there own hardware. I have the 27" windshield & love it & a lot less expensive than a lot of others out there.

Roadster Renovations
10-14-2017, 07:01 PM
Just bought a 32" F4 for my Daytona. I will install it when I get home. Looking forward to it rather the cold wind from the Blueridge.

CA Railwhale
10-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Just bought a 32" F4 for my Daytona. I will install it when I get home. Looking forward to it rather the cold wind from the Blueridge.

I went from a blueridge to a 32" F4. The only thing you will miss is the hand protection the blueridge offered. I wear gloves more often now. Other than that minor disadvantage, the F4 is a clear winner.

Cruzr Joe
10-15-2017, 12:35 PM
F-4 Windshields, the only way to go. :yes::yes::yes:

Cruzr Joe

magic machine
10-16-2017, 03:50 AM

Do you have pictures???
:-)

Roadster Renovations
10-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Do you have pictures???
:-)

Just got it installed. Very nice. I am 6' tall and in the upright position the air goes over my head and the down position it hits my face.

32" F4 for F3S

magic machine
10-21-2017, 04:16 AM
Just got it installed. Very nice. I am 6' tall and in the upright position the air goes over my head and the down position it hits my face.

32" F4 for F3S

Awesome.
I dont understand "upright position" and down position.
(My english is not very good).
Can you put the windshield in two positions? Or is it "you" that sits up or down?

Can you please make some pictures from the side of the bike. Would love to see that.
And the silver "clocks" on your steering bar. What are those?

Thank you so much for posting the pics.
Really helpfull.

Dit you installed the shield on the blue ridge mounting?
I do have the Daytona 2017 with the blue ridge right now.

Regards and thanks again.
Rob

Roadster Renovations
10-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Awesome.
I dont understand "upright position" and down position.
(My english is not very good).
Can you put the windshield in two positions? Or is it "you" that sits up or down?

Can you please make some pictures from the side of the bike. Would love to see that.
And the silver "clocks" on your steering bar. What are those?

Thank you so much for posting the pics.
Really helpfull.

Dit you installed the shield on the blue ridge mounting?
I do have the Daytona 2017 with the blue ridge right now.

Regards and thanks again.
Rob

Rob,
The windshield is able to be adjusted up or down about 3" total. Sorry I wasn't more detailed.
I will take some side pictures and pictures of the slide bracket.
The windshield comes with it's own hardware. All the Blueridge hardware comes off.
The 4 silver things are speakers. I have a 2000 watt amp in the frunk and those 4 equal 1400 watts. Even at 85 mph I can still hear my music.
And your english is pretty good in my opinion!!

magic machine
10-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Rob,
The windshield is able to be adjusted up or down about 3" total. Sorry I wasn't more detailed.
I will take some side pictures and pictures of the slide bracket.
The windshield comes with it's own hardware. All the Blueridge hardware comes off.
The 4 silver things are speakers. I have a 2000 watt amp in the frunk and those 4 equal 1400 watts. Even at 85 mph I can still hear my music.
And your english is pretty good in my opinion!!

Cant wait to see the pics.
THANKS

Roadster Renovations
10-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Side View
Upright position
Downright position
Bracket view
Different angle

magic machine
10-23-2017, 03:18 AM
awesome.
thank you !
Looks great.

I am looking for a lot of comfort..... I think this screen will give that.
32"
NICE

Thanks again

Roadster Renovations
10-23-2017, 07:59 AM
awesome.
thank you !
Looks great.

32"
NICE

Thanks again

It isn't quite as wide as I would have liked, but the F3 is not a RT!!

Roadster Renovations
10-23-2017, 09:24 AM
I went from a blueridge to a 32" F4. The only thing you will miss is the hand protection the blueridge offered. I wear gloves more often now. Other than that minor disadvantage, the F4 is a clear winner.

Agree 100%

F4 Customs
10-24-2017, 05:59 AM
awesome.
thank you !
Looks great.

32"
NICE

Thanks again

You will love the F4 32" and the protection is provides