PDA

View Full Version : Baching again

easysuper
09-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Can't wait till I'm retired and can come and go as my wife does. She's heading home for the weekend and starting to pack our house as we are in the process of selling it and getting ready for my retirement in 1 year. I have been on the road for over 30 years from one state to another wearing out RVs. She on the other hand stayed home and held down the fort. She would come and visit wherever I was working but never long enough for me so after 42 years we are ready for another journey together and the big bonus is she loves to ride how lucky can one man get. Her last bike she bought in March has 12,000 miles on it and claims she has not had much riding time as we had a lot going on this summer. She just got back from Wisconsin visiting her mom on her 101st birthday, and today heading home to catch-up with friends. Hope I can keep up with her!

UtahPete
09-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Can't wait till I'm retired and can come and go as my wife does. She's heading home for the weekend and starting to pack our house as we are in the process of selling it and getting ready for my retirement in 1 year. I have been on the road for over 30 years from one state to another wearing out RVs. She on the other hand stayed home and held down the fort. She would come and visit wherever I was working but never long enough for me so after 42 years we are ready for another journey together and the big bonus is she loves to ride how lucky can one man get. Her last bike she bought in March has 12,000 miles on it and claims she has not had much riding time as we had a lot going on this summer. She just got back from Wisconsin visiting her mom on her 101st birthday, and today heading home to catch-up with friends. Hope I can keep up with her!

Sounds like a Navy family! Congrats on the looming retirement, a sound relationship and the health to enjoy both. Where are you going to relocate?

Blue Star
09-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement.

I too just retired July 1st, and have to tell you I'm surprised how little free time I have now that I'm not "working". Already went to Oklahoma, Missouri, getting ready for RRSR in September, going to see my youngest that lives in Virginia at the end of October, A Panama Canal Cruise in December. With all this travailing I need to go back to work so I can relax.

Did I mention I too am going to sell the house, and move to the mid-west?

easysuper
09-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a Navy family! Congrats on the looming retirement, a sound relationship and the health to enjoy both. Where are you going to relocate?

Our plan is to relocate closer to our son who lives near Portland and is an Intel lifer, I want to find a city lot in one of the small towns near him and build a RV garage and small apartment so we will have a home base. I will always have an Oregon address as I am a died in the wool Oregonian and won't change and not counting the winters you can't beat the PNW but we plan on being snowbirds and camp-hosting for awhile. We have a couple of bucket list rides including Highway 20 coast to coast and the ALCAN, then the Four Corners of the lower 48 so that should keep us busy for awhile. My wife loves to travel as much as I do so as long as our health holds out that's what we plan to do.

jerpinoy
09-06-2017, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=easysuper;1298149]Can't wait till I'm retired and can come and go as my wife does. She's heading home for the weekend and starting to pack our house as we are in the process of selling it and getting ready for my retirement in 1 year. I have been on the road for over 30 years from one state to another wearing out RVs. She on the other hand stayed home and held down the fort. She would come and visit wherever I was working but never long enough for me so after 42 years we are ready for another journey together and the big bonus is she loves to ride how lucky can one man get. Her last bike she bought in March has 12,000 miles on it and claims she has not had much riding time as we had a lot going on this summer. She just got back from Wisconsin visiting her mom on her 101st birthday, and today heading home to catch-up with friends. Hope I can keep up with her!

You better take those keeping up with her pills LOL. Have fun and be safe.

Bob Denman
09-06-2017, 05:32 PM
:congrats: on being able to see the "Finish Line"... :clap: :firstplace:
We're still too far out from ours, but we're starting to stitch together some plans... :D

UtahPete
09-06-2017, 06:39 PM
on being able to see the "Finish Line"... :clap: :firstplace:
We're still too far out from ours, but we're starting to stitch together some plans... :D

Rule 1 for reaching retirement in good health; stay off ladders!

Triple B
09-06-2017, 06:53 PM
Rule 1 for reaching retirement in good health; stay off ladders!

and black cats!

UtahPete
09-06-2017, 07:01 PM
and black cats!

Yeah, wot 'e sed ....

F650624
09-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Yes, retirement is great. I don't know how I got anything done when I was working full-time. Oh, that's right, I was younger then. For those that are interested in travelling north to Alaska, the Anchorage School District (ASD) has RV hook ups at each of their over 90 sites during the summer months. These sites are FREE! You get electric, water, and WIFI if available at that site. Yes, you do have to make arrangements for your sewer. It is either $35 per pump, or drive to a drop site on your own. The ASD only asks that you stay for at least 30 days. Their theory is that the minor cost of water and electric far off-sets the vandalism that doesn't happen. A typical school RV site at midnight and typical visitors. See you there.

DGoebel
09-07-2017, 10:58 AM
F650624, Shhhh now EVERYONE will wanna buy an RV and go to AK...;)
Thanks for Sharing this and What a great idea! Darn, Now I gotta go rearrange my bucket list....

heyharris1
09-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Fantastic. I wait for the day I can retire and have to much to do, LOL Enjoy.

Jim