PDA

View Full Version : Lowering The Brake Peddle

Poseidon
09-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Our F3T is my wife's ride. For her, the stock foot peg position is perfect (position 3). On the occasion that I ride it, the brake and shift pegs are up too high. I am 6'2" and I have to take my foot off the peg to apply the brake or to down shift. I realize that position 5 is what I would need, but I could probably make due, no more than what I ride it, if the peddles were a little lower. After looking over the linkage, it appears that I could simply move the pegs into position 4 without changing the linkage and it would lower the peddles. My question is, can this be done and would it still give you full motion of the brake peddle and shifter? If so, it would make for even quicker change over between her and I riding it.

Thanks

SpyderAnn01
09-05-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that some people have done what you're talking about. Highwayman2013 may have done something similar.

Peteoz
09-06-2017, 02:33 AM
Doesn't work, Poseidon. A full foot position is too much and impacts brake travel. Some have drilled holes in the linkage, and that has worked for them, but most are resigned to the fact that there is not a simple F3 switching process for different size riders.

Have a bit of a search on the Forum and you'll find plenty of threads and lots of ideas on pedal positioning.

Pete

ofdave
09-06-2017, 03:47 AM
I have the same problem.

I'll be doing the "drill an extra hole" mod found in this thread:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?106071-Brake-Pedal-Height-Adjustment&highlight=brake+pedal

I did a mod to the shifter so I no longer have to lift my foot off the peg to downshift.