PDA

View Full Version : iPhone connection to handle bar mount?

Spider-man
09-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Hi. I want to mount my phone on an X mount on my handlebars but run the connection to the dongle in the glove box. How have others done this? Drill a hole? Just run it out the top and not close the glove box all the way? Ideas?

Thanks

Kredab
09-04-2017, 08:32 PM
I have an RT-s , a little different then F3. I ran a high quality lightning cable from my trunk, under seat, right up the seam of the glovebox then to my ram mount . I was told on here when I was planning, that he glove box on Rt gets to warm. It has worked well for me, make sure the cable is a good one you know how finicky iPhones are about their charging cable ....
good luck :spyder2::spyder2:

MagYukon
09-05-2017, 07:10 AM
Hi,

I did something similar on my side.

I removed the front clip around the electronic screen by popping it out and then you can remove the electronic console with just a few clips.

After that, you can have access to the rubber boots where the actual cable are getting inside the glove box.

I made me some space in there and passed my lightning cable in the same hole and then under the electronic console all the way to my X-grip ram mount.

Spider-man
09-05-2017, 09:25 AM
Hi,

I removed the front clip around the electronic screen by popping it out and then you can remove the electronic console with just a few clips.

After that, you can have access to the rubber boots where the actual cable are getting inside the glove box.

I made me some space in there and passed my lightning cable in the same hole and then under the electronic console all the way to my X-grip ram mount.

Thanks, that's more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

MagYukon
09-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks, that's more along the lines of what I'm looking for.

By the way, you don't have to remove that much of tupperware to pass the cable.

That first picture was taken when I installed my heated grips. For that one, you have to remove a bunch of things to get where you have to.

rays hell
09-05-2017, 09:24 PM
[I was looking at you pictures and was wandering if the usb cable goes to the instrument panel or all the way back to
radio head unit under the rear panel . Mine has stared acting up and it says no device on the dash but the phone says it is charging.
So I use an aux audio cable and put the radio on aux. I just can't advance the songs.
I'll wait till winter to take it to the dealer, no telling how long they'll keep it.

153383153384[/QUOTE]

MagYukon
09-06-2017, 06:54 AM
I ran my cable behind the instrument panel and into the glove box. I plugged it on the USB connection inside the glove box.

Maybe it's possible to ran the cable directly to the radio head unit but I haven't gone thet route.

If you have something weird with your phone, maybe try to change your cable. Sometimes, with my iphone, a lightning cable works with one device but not with another. Replacing it just solve the problem. Those lightning cable are very strange...

[I was looking at you pictures and was wandering if the usb cable goes to the instrument panel or all the way back to
radio head unit under the rear panel . Mine has stared acting up and it says no device on the dash but the phone says it is charging.
So I use an aux audio cable and put the radio on aux. I just can't advance the songs.
I'll wait till winter to take it to the dealer, no telling how long they'll keep it.

153383153384[/QUOTE]

rays hell
09-08-2017, 11:21 PM
When it acted up I tried 3 different cables and 2 different devices. My I-phone I usually listen to Spotify
dash says no device and when I tried my Android tablet the dash says no data.
So I was wandering where the USB dongle cable went to. Dash or radio?