PDA

View Full Version : Is a 200 lb reading on a kirket 2 good for a 2015 st? For belt tension

dsteve931
09-02-2017, 07:20 AM
200lb reading good with a kirket 2

2dogs
09-02-2017, 10:31 AM
200 is a tad light. Mine is an RT and I'm running 220 (wheel on the ground) and the worst belt vibration comes in at around 70/72 mph. Just about every trike is different and it's a real headache to get one dialed in to where there's minimum belt vibration. Seems most folks who've screwed around with it a lot find that the sweet spot is on the lighter side of tension scale. Good luck finding yours.

Chupaca
09-02-2017, 10:39 AM
It's the top of the range I see most using. 160-200 I keep it closer to the 160 and things are fine. I do not worry too much about the vibrations as they are so easy to handle but don't cherrish the idea of wearing out any of the bearings involved with the drive train....:thumbup:

2dogs
09-02-2017, 10:47 AM
It's the top of the range I see most using. 160-200 I keep it closer to the 160 and things are fine. I do not worry too much about the vibrations as they are so easy to handle but don't cherrish the idea of wearing out any of the bearings involved with the drive train....:thumbup:

Was your wheel up or down when you measured your belt slack?

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-02-2017, 10:48 AM
200 is a tad light. Mine is an RT and I'm running 220 (wheel on the ground) and the worst belt vibration comes in at around 70/72 mph. Just about every trike is different and it's a real headache to get one dialed in to where there's minimum belt vibration. Seems most folks who've screwed around with it a lot find that the sweet spot is on the lighter side of tension scale. Good luck finding yours.
:hun: ... I have mine at 170 +/- on the ground ( and a lot of others ) and I have NO VIBES ....and I'm worried that too HIGH a Tension ( BRP specs ) will cause drive shaft issues..... this has occurred in the past with BRP specs ( which they then corrected ) ...... Mike :thumbup:

2dogs
09-02-2017, 10:56 AM
:hun: ... I have mine at 170 +/- on the ground ( and a lot of others ) and I have NO VIBES ....and I'm not worried that too high Tension ( BRP specs ) will cause drive shaft issues..... this has occurred in the past with BRP specs ( which they then corrected ) ...... Mike :thumbup:

Does BRP really know what their belt tension should actually be? :roflblack:

Chupaca
09-02-2017, 10:58 AM
I always measure it on the ground. Never see a fully loaded measure :dontknow: that can vary a lot maybe they considered that in the load capasity....:dontknow:

dsteve931
09-02-2017, 04:27 PM
It was down