PDA

View Full Version : extended BRP warranty what does it cover

kbwitt
09-02-2017, 07:13 AM
Just what does it cover?
If a front light bulb burns out is it covered.
Is the $50.00 deductible on everything?

JayBros
09-02-2017, 07:37 AM
You can find out what's covered here: https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html.

The $50 deductible applies to each incidence of failure of a warranteed part. Wearables, like brake pads, tires (unless they are obviously defective) and clutch discs, I understand, are not covered.

Whether or not a light bulb would be covered, I doubt it, but if it blew out in a very short mileage period a dealer might replace free of charge as a goodwill jesture; after a couple of years or mucho thousand miles, nah.

Purchasing one is a gamble but, IMO, a reasonable one considering the sophistication of the machine, and is transferable if you sell the Spyder.

pitzerwm
09-02-2017, 11:05 PM
In my experience, all warranties, extended or other along with insurance never covers what you expect. I have a 2M umbrella, what's covered takes up a paragraph, what's not covered takes a 1/2 page.

SpyderAnn01
09-03-2017, 02:34 AM
Typically it won't cover light bulbs but I had my left headlight bulb burn out multiple times then it melted the wiring connector and the entire light was replaced under warranty. I also had the main clutch bearing and transmission replaced for a total cost of $50. My radiators were replaced in Valcourt for $50 Canadian. I have always tried to take it in for multiple warranty items at once so I only have to pay $50.