PDA

View Full Version : NMN: BRP Adjustable Backrest

ptoemmes
05-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Attached pic is an old - looks like preproduction - BRP (adjustable) backrest best I could find, but it will serve the purpose for the Q.

Looking from the back...

See that kind of oval shaped space?

Think you could fill that in with combo tail light and brake light and if really creative light up the LEDs to act as turn signals, too? Quick disconnect for when the backrest is removed?

Thanks,

Pete

tatt2r
05-09-2009, 02:53 PM
that would be a great idea ...as long as you dont take it off .... i do once in a while:coffee:

Don in E Texas
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
that would be a great idea ...as long as you dont take it off .... i do once in a while:coffee:

Like Pete said, with a quick disconnect.... NMN might just have that project up their collective sleeve :2thumbs:

don

Magic Man
05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Attached pic is an old - looks like preproduction - BRP (adjustable) backrest best I could find, but it will serve the purpose for the Q.

Looking from the back...

See that kind of oval shaped space?

Think you could fill that in with combo tail light and brake light and if really creative light up the LEDs to act as turn signals, too? Quick disconnect for when the backrest is removed?

Thanks,

Pete

It could be done. however I think the costs for the several piece mold for such few units would make it too expensive for mosteople.

With limited run units like this it is always the mold costs that is the biggest hurdle to putting something like this into production.

MM

ptoemmes
05-09-2009, 11:54 PM
It seems such a natural place to put a high mount third tail/brake light - at least - even if you do not complicate it with turn signals.

Any other alternative with more off the shelf pieces instead of a custom one piece unit?

Radiantz seems to have soem pre-fabbed boards in different sizes, but they are not "cheap" either.

http://www.radiantz.com/cart/index1.html?c16.html&1

Sorry if that's competition.

Thanks for at least thinking about it.

Pete

jeuchler
05-10-2009, 08:05 AM
It could be done. however I think the costs for the several piece mold for such few units would make it too expensive for mosteople.

With limited run units like this it is always the mold costs that is the biggest hurdle to putting something like this into production.

MM

Of course, I suppose you could cut the cost down a bit if you did a 3D print of it first, Ev...:joke:

NancysToy
05-10-2009, 09:17 AM
A couple of the small HyperLites would fit in there nicely.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

NautiBrit
05-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I really like the idea, but to get around quick disconnects, how about a permanent running/stop light on the flat area where the BRP logo is located? Could NMN's existing stop light mod be re-modded with a different base plate?