PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Extended Warranty Inquiry

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Looking to add an extended warranty to my F3S.

My local dealer deals with an extended warranty company - PREFERRED PROTECTION PLUS.

Anyone ever dealt with them, had any claims, or any issues?

Thank you in advance for true time.
:thumbup:

Tazzel
09-01-2017, 09:07 AM
I would recommend the B.E.S.T warranty which can be purchased from any Spyder dealership. Start with Pitbull and Mega Mall they usually have the best prices.

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 09:12 AM
I would recommend the B.E.S.T warranty which can be purchased from any Spyder dealership. Start with Pitbull and Mega Mall they usually have the best prices.The "B.E.S.T" warranty is not an option in the state of Florida, due to cancellation laws. The price I've been quoted on the PPP 4 year extended policy is rather attractive, but just checking with others here to see what the overall consensus may be with PPP.

Thank you for your reply.
:doorag:

ofdave
09-01-2017, 09:22 AM
I got a 4 year quote of $1500 from the dealer.
As noted, the BEST is not available in FL.
Seems high to me.
Would be interested in learning other options.

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 09:34 AM
I got a 4 year quote of $1500 from the dealer.
As noted, the BEST is not available in FL.
Seems high to me.
Would be interested in learning other options.I'm looking right at $800 for the +4 years. :thumbup: Yours may be less with it being the manual transmission.

A FEW EXTRA DETAILS:

It is can be cancelled and you get a prorated refund.
If desired, the warranty can be transferred to new owner if Spyder is sold.
$50 deductible on any covered repairs.
It can be utilized nationwide.
The extended warranty has to be added prior to initial BRP 2 year warranty ending.

Hope this helps!!!

Ex-Rocket
09-01-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm looking right at $800 for the +4 years. :thumbup: Yours may be less with it being the manual transmission.

A FEW EXTRA DETAILS:

The extended warranty has to be added prior to initial BRP 2 year warranty ending.

Hope this helps!!!

I don't know how many Spyders are effected, but when I bought my 2015 RTS Spyder it came with a 3 year initial warranty from BRP which is good till March of 2018.

ofdave
09-01-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm looking right at $800 for the +4 years. :thumbup: Yours may be less with it being the manual transmission.

A FEW EXTRA DETAILS:

Hope this helps!!!

sounds good,
this is with "Preferred Protection Plus"/
any contact info?

d.o.spyder-rts
09-01-2017, 10:33 AM
It is correct the BEST warranty can't be sold in FL, however, you still can purchase it and should be valid in FL ( @ a BRP dealership). I had the 3 year BEST on my '12 RTS (purchased thru Berts Mega Mall) and it was accept by my dealer. I'm still considering purchasing one for my '16 RTS. Dale

Firefly
09-01-2017, 10:38 AM
The "B.E.S.T" warranty is not an option in the state of Florida, due to cancellation laws. The price I've been quoted on the PPP 4 year extended policy is rather attractive, but just checking with others here to see what the overall consensus may be with PPP.

Thank you for your reply.

So I've heard that BEST isn't available in Florida.. but don't understand why the other one would be?

Anyone got the scoop on this?

And yes.. Bert's Mega Mall beats everyone on pricing of the BEST warranties....

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 10:38 AM
I don't know how many Spyders are effected, but when I bought my 2015 RTS Spyder it came with a 3 year initial warranty from BRP which is good till March of 2018.When did you purchase your Spyder?

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 10:42 AM
So I've heard that BEST isn't available in Florida.. but don't understand why the other one would be?

And yes.. Bert's Mega Mall beats everyone on pricing of the BEST warranties....If the warranty is not possible to be cancelled, then the company is not allowed to sell the warranties in the state. I'll check on Bert's Mega Mall pricing in a few minutes. Thanks for your reply.

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
It is correct the BEST warranty can't be sold in FL, however, you still can purchase it and should be valid in FL ( @ a BRP dealership). I had the 3 year BEST on my '12 RTS (purchased thru Berts Mega Mall) and it was accept by my dealer. I'm still considering purchasing one for my '16 RTS. DaleI called BRP and they do not sell the warranties directly to customers/owners. Not sure how else one would make the purchase.

d.o.spyder-rts
09-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I called BRP and they do not sell the warranties directly to customers/owners. Not sure how else one would make the purchase.

As I stated in my prior post, I purchased mine from Berts and my dealer accepted it. The most current contact info I have @ Berts is Jennifer Basa phone: 626-974-6600 ext 492. Hope this helps. Dale

d.o.spyder-rts
09-01-2017, 11:13 AM

And yes.. Bert's Mega Mall beats everyone on pricing of the BEST warranties....

That's correct, you can't purchase it in FL, however, it was accepted by my dealer, had to use it once on my '12 RTS. I asked the dealer about this when I bought my '12. AS far as I can recall, it had something to do with BRP not wanting to pay some sort of fee to be able to sell the policy in the state. Dale

Ex-Rocket
09-01-2017, 04:10 PM
When did you purchase your Spyder?

Purchased March 2015

ofdave
09-01-2017, 04:32 PM
As explained to me, extended vehicle warranty in Florida is handled by the state insurance commission as it is considered insurance by them.
It is a costly process to register and jump through all the hoops to sell that product. That may be why BRP does not want to fool with selling it in FL.

UtahPete
09-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Looking to add an extended warranty to my F3S. My local dealer deals with an extended warranty company - PREFERRED PROTECTION PLUS. Anyone ever dealt with them, had any claims, or any issues? Thank you in advance for true time. :thumbup:

My used 2014 RTL had a new 3 year extended coverage with these folks. It took me over a month to get them to transfer the warranty over into my name. They did not keep me informed of the progress, did not return phone calls, and I had only their 800 number so no direct line to the appropriate department. It was frustrating as hell. I hope I never have to file a claim with them - they are horribly obtuse and bureaucratic and treat you like a number not a person. I had Pitbull try to intervene but they had less luck than I did. Eventually they came through, but at no point did I feel like they gave a damn what I was experiencing.

I would never voluntarily buy their coverage. I've asked on this forum if anyone has had any claims experience with this company and I did not get any responses. Everybody was focused on how cheap it was compared to BRP's BEST coverage; as in most things, you get what you pay for I think.

JayBros
09-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Before I would consider purchasing an extended warranty from a company not directly affiliated with the manufacturer I would compare exactly what that third party's warranty covers in comparison to the B.E.S.T. warranty and how the third party settles claims. Many require prior clearance for ALL warranty repairs and also require you to pay the repair bill in full and wait for the company to reimburse you. Since the dealer who sold you your Spyder registered your VIN with BRP all the dealership you buy the B.E.S.T. warranty from needs to know is the VIN and date of purchase which they can get from BRP.

UtahPete
09-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Before I would consider purchasing an extended warranty from a company not directly affiliated with the manufacturer I would compare exactly what that third party's warranty covers in comparison to the B.E.S.T. warranty and how the third party settles claims. Many (non-OEM insurers) require prior clearance for ALL warranty repairs and also require you to pay the repair bill in full and wait for the company to reimburse you. Since the dealer who sold you your Spyder registered your VIN with BRP all the dealership you buy the B.E.S.T. warranty from needs to know is the VIN and date of purchase which they can get from BRP.

Well said, I think.

cyclekid58
09-01-2017, 08:06 PM
I would recommend the B.E.S.T warranty which can be purchased from any Spyder dealership. Start with Pitbull and Mega Mall they usually have the best prices.

I have the B.E.S.T. Warranty on my 2014 RTL which expires in March of 2018, am I correct that I cannot get another Best warranty to extend this? When my wife bought her used 2014 she was sold a extended warranty by Zurich, that dealer has sold these for several years, has anyone ever had them or utilized them?

SpyderAnn01
09-01-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't know how many Spyders are effected, but when I bought my 2015 RTS Spyder it came with a 3 year initial warranty from BRP which is good till March of 2018.

You likely purchased yours when they had a promotion going on, you have a 2 year Factory warranty and 1 year BEST. You should have a card and or a letter from BRP that shows your warranty info.

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 11:13 PM
I don't know how many Spyders are effected, but when I bought my 2015 RTS Spyder it came with a 3 year initial warranty from BRP which is good till March of 2018.That was a promotion BRP was running for a very limited time. :opps:

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 11:15 PM
As explained to me, extended vehicle warranty in Florida is handled by the state insurance commission as it is considered insurance by them.
It is a costly process to register and jump through all the hoops to sell that product. That may be why BRP does not want to fool with selling it in FL.
:agree:

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 11:20 PM
It is correct the BEST warranty can't be sold in FL, however, you still can purchase it and should be valid in FL ( @ a BRP dealership). I had the 3 year BEST on my '12 RTS (purchased thru Berts Mega Mall) and it was accept by my dealer. I'm still considering purchasing one for my '16 RTS. DaleJust curious, which state was the Berts Mega Mall located?

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 11:23 PM
As I stated in my prior post, I purchased mine from Berts and my dealer accepted it. The most current contact info I have @ Berts is Jennifer Basa phone: 626-974-6600 ext 492. Hope this helps. DaleHey Dale: I spoke with Jennifer and here are my findings:

1.) The cost was $780 for 3 years (the one through PPP is $780 for 4 years).
2.) With me being in Florida, she said they could not sell me a warranty because they are in California.

Looks like I'm going to go with PPP of mine.

Thanks for the info though.

Have a great weekend!!!
Don

SpyderHands
09-01-2017, 11:26 PM
I have the B.E.S.T. Warranty on my 2014 RTL which expires in March of 2018, am I correct that I cannot get another Best warranty to extend this? When my wife bought her used 2014 she was sold a extended warranty by Zurich, that dealer has sold these for several years, has anyone ever had them or utilized them?From what I understand, there is a maximum # of years that can be purchased from the original date of purchase when the unit was new. :sour:

jtoro1
09-02-2017, 06:47 AM
I have the B.E.S.T. Warranty on my 2014 RTL which expires in March of 2018, am I correct that I cannot get another Best warranty to extend this? When my wife bought her used 2014 she was sold a extended warranty by Zurich, that dealer has sold these for several years, has anyone ever had them or utilized them?

Zurich worked good for me

ofdave
09-02-2017, 09:31 AM

any contact information for Zurich?

foxtail1
09-02-2017, 10:10 AM

That's good to hear. That's what I purchased from the dealer when I bought my Spyder in July. Sounds like my cost was a little higher than some, at $970 for 3 additional years (5 years total). Of course, it never occurred to me to shop around.:sour:

d.o.spyder-rts
09-02-2017, 10:44 AM
Hey Dale: I spoke with Jennifer and here are my findings:

1.) The cost was $780 for 3 years (the one through PPP is $780 for 4 years).
2.) With me being in Florida, she said they could not sell me a warranty because they are in California.

Looks like I'm going to go with PPP of mine.

Thanks for the info though.

Have a great weekend!!!
Don

Maybe their policy has changed, I was able to purchase one from them for my '12 RTS. BTW, they are located in CA. Dale

SpyderHands
09-02-2017, 01:10 PM
ONE QUICK NOTE TO CONSIDER: Before buying any warranty, one should call their local dealer and inquire as to whether or not they've dealt with them in the past.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE: Getting returned phone calls from most anyone anymore is pure work. In so many places, Customer Service is plane pain pitiful. :mad:

SpyderHands
09-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Maybe their policy has changed, I was able to purchase one from them for my '12 RTS. BTW, they are located in CA. DaleIf I'm not mistaken, the law may now be where one can only buy an Extended Warranty from a company/dealer within the same state as the owner/vehicle. I may be wrong but that is what I understand. :sour:

Ex-Rocket
09-02-2017, 05:38 PM
You likely purchased yours when they had a promotion going on, you have a 2 year Factory warranty and 1 year BEST. You should have a card and or a letter from BRP that shows your warranty info.

That is correct. I do have a letter and card from BRP stating when my warranty ends.

SpyderConvert
09-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Just curious, which state was the Berts Mega Mall located?

They are located in Covina, CA.

Indiana Ken
09-12-2017, 06:18 PM
ONE QUICK NOTE TO CONSIDER: Before buying any warranty, one should call their local dealer and inquire as to whether or not they've dealt with them in the past.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE: Getting returned phone calls from most anyone anymore is pure work. In so many places, Customer Service is plane pain pitiful. :mad:

Did you end up buying PPP. Where did you end up buying.

Deanna777
09-12-2017, 06:36 PM
I would recommend the B.E.S.T warranty which can be purchased from any Spyder dealership. Start with Pitbull and Mega Mall they usually have the best prices.:agree: Deanna

pegasus1300
09-12-2017, 06:42 PM

When I bought my 2012 in 2015 the factory was expired and of course no BEST available because the factory was already expired. I went to my dealer,he never heard of an extended warranty. I found an ATV dealer in Richfield who knew about extended warranties and he sold me a Zurich. I used it one time and it worked great. The shop got authorization from them work was done,I paid my $50 and they paid the rest,everybody was happy. Zurich has a list in their warranty of things they wont pay for. If it isn't on that list you're good to go.

canamjhb
09-12-2017, 08:45 PM
From what I understand, there is a maximum # of years that can be purchased from the original date of purchase when the unit was new. :sour:

As long as the warranty has not expired, you can purchase a BEST extension out to a maximum of 5 years from the original date of purchase. Most Spyders are sold with the original factory 2 year warranty with an ADDED 1 year BEST protection. Before that added year extension expires, you can add up to an additional 2 years coverage. This coverage follows the vehicle not the purchaser. So, any new owner can have coverage and have it extended up until warranty expiration out to a total of 5 years from the original date of sale.