PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Quite Get My TricLED Wide VU Mirror Perfect

MikeT
08-30-2017, 06:17 AM
Don't ya just hate it when a DIY install doesn't go as planned????? I got my right RT Wide VU mirror a smidgen off a perfect alignment to the OEM mirror. My question is: Can I use a hairdryer to "heat" the mirror's large adhesive area, and move the mirror into perfect alignment??? I don't want to cause more problems in my quest for perfection.
Thanks for any and all assisstance.
Mike

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2017, 06:34 AM
I would suggest that you contact Cindy at Tricled for some solution.

Joe

UtahPete
08-30-2017, 08:51 AM
Don't ya just hate it when a DIY install doesn't go as planned????? I got my right RT Wide VU mirror a smidgen off a perfect alignment to the OEM mirror. My question is: Can I use a hairdryer to "heat" the mirror's large adhesive area, and move the mirror into perfect alignment??? I don't want to cause more problems in my quest for perfection. Thanks for any and all assistance. Mike

Try as I might, I was unable to get my Wide VU mirrors perfectly aligned. Nobody knows but me.

MikeT
08-30-2017, 11:54 AM
Try as I might, I was unable to get my Wide VU mirrors perfectly aligned. Nobody knows but me.
That's how I'm playing it. Too much to go wrong trying for perfection(per tricled).

ARtraveler
08-30-2017, 01:38 PM

:agree: Me too on both sets. Only we know. :yes:

d.o.spyder-rts
08-30-2017, 03:52 PM
I have a set also. I haven't put them on yet, tried a test fit and found it a little difficult to get the mirror lined up with the size of my hand-any suggestions? Dale

Peteoz
08-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Does the good old, "spray a light dishwashing/water mix on the mirrors", which allows a short period of ability to slide before it dries out, not work with the Tricled install?

Pete

d.o.spyder-rts
08-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Does the good old, "spray a light dishwashing/water mix on the mirrors", which allows a short period of ability to slide before it dries out, not work with the Tricled install?

Pete
Not sure, you have to clean the oem mirror with an alcohol pad before installation. I don't know the effect of the solution on the mirror adhesive, it might not hold. Dale

ARtraveler
08-30-2017, 04:45 PM
I have a set also. I haven't put them on yet, tried a test fit and found it a little difficult to get the mirror lined up with the size of my hand-any suggestions? Dale

I did the test fit thing also. Put folded cardboard on the side and bottom so they would line up "almost" perfect when I let the stickum do its job. :yes:

HayRog
08-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Would using a suction cup on the Wide Views help the install positioning ?

d.o.spyder-rts
08-30-2017, 06:42 PM
Would using a suction cup on the Wide Views help the install positioning ?

Not a bad idea, it could help getting the mirror lined up better. Dale

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-30-2017, 07:06 PM
I have a set also. I haven't put them on yet, tried a test fit and found it a little difficult to get the mirror lined up with the size of my hand-any suggestions? Dale If you put cardboard shims around your OEM mirror, when you put in the TriCled it has no other way/place to go but inside the shim area ....... OR ..you will have to test this before you try it because I don't know how sticky the Adhesive is ....put a piece of WAX paper on the adhesive to see if it sticks first ........if it doesn't you can put a slightly oversize piece on the OEM mirror then fit the TriCled on top and you can position it and have someone pull the wax paper out ..... I used to do this with Formica and Contact cement ( you did not want to make a mistake in alignment with that stuff :banghead::banghead::banghead:

SpyderAnn01
08-30-2017, 07:15 PM
I was very nervous when I installed mine but I guess I got lucky and they went on with no issues. But when it came to installing them for customers I was more than a little nervous, I probably lost sleep worrying if I would get them on right or not, I even thought about asking customers how they would rate themselves on pickiness. If they were too picky I would give them a discount and let them do the install themselves. :roflblack: So far so good!

ThreeWheels
08-30-2017, 07:30 PM
Here's what I did, and it's perfect. Perfect I tell you, PERFECT.

First dry fit the new mirrors to make sure you haven't reversed the left and right mirrors. Next be sure you have the orientation correct for each mirror, up and down, left and right
Take all the red tape off the back. Holding the new mirror at an angle of about 30 degrees, line up the outside edges of one corner. I did the upper left.
Next, line up the left side of the new mirror to the old mirror. Just the edge.
Next, line up the lower left corner. You can still remove the new mirror without damage if you don't get these steps right.
If you're not satisfied, try the line-up again.
Once you're satisfied with the line up of the left edge, slowly push down on the mirror, left edge to right. You're now committed, and it will fit perfectly.
Easy Peasy. Even an old spastic like me can do it.

As always, my free advice comes with a double our money back guarantee.

Bike-O-Din
08-30-2017, 07:44 PM
I have "fat finger disease," and found it very difficult to get a grip that I thought would let me place the mirrors in the correct position. As you know, you only get one chance to get it right with the 3M tape. There is no turning back if you put it down in the wrong place.

So, I created these little "handles" using painters tape so I could use both hands and place the new mirrors in just the right spot before pressing them into place. It worked like a champ!! I hope this helps someone when doing the installation.

HayRog
08-31-2017, 11:58 AM
Like this idea ^^^^ simple and effective. :thumbup:

Peteoz
08-31-2017, 03:44 PM
There I was, waiting for my Wide Vue mirrors to arrive, worrying about how I would get the Tricled mirror aligned correctly after reading all the above posts. Well that was wasted time, wasn't it ;) . The F3-L Tricled mirrors have a lip around the outer edge that slips fully over the current mirror, meaning even a klutz like me can't misalign it! :thumbup: I just KNEW there was a reason I decided to buy an F3-L.:D:D

Pete

irvin48
09-01-2017, 07:15 AM
There I was, waiting for my Wide Vue mirrors to arrive, worrying about how I would get the Tricled mirror aligned correctly after reading all the above posts. Well that was wasted time, wasn't it ;) . The F3-L Tricled mirrors have a lip around the outer edge that slips fully over the current mirror, meaning even a klutz like me can't misalign it! :thumbup: I just KNEW there was a reason I decided to buy an F3-L.:D:D

Pete

thats how i lined mine up on my rt. try it dry, line up an edge, and put
it on .dont overthink it.

HayRog
09-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Mirrors arrived today --- nice, nice :2thumbs:

Installed in 2 minutes - and WOW !! Amazing field of view :2thumbs:
Thanks you Cindy and TricLed

Used a 2" suction cup to hold steady - spot on alignment :D

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=153467&d=1504824254&thumb=1 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=153467&d=1504824254)

Desert Spyder
10-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I love my new mirrors! Not only do I see new lanes but I also don't look so fat standing in front of them. "Honey? DOes this mirror make me look fat?" .

YIRYDE
10-04-2017, 06:00 AM
I have "fat finger disease," and found it very difficult to get a grip that I thought would let me place the mirrors in the correct position. As you know, you only get one chance to get it right with the 3M tape. There is no turning back if you put it down in the wrong place.

So, I created these little "handles" using painters tape so I could use both hands and place the new mirrors in just the right spot before pressing them into place. It worked like a champ!! I hope this helps someone when doing the installation.

I also used painters tape to install mine except I made a loop with the tape that allowed me to hold and align the mirror better. When I did a dry fit I found it difficult to hold the mirrors without dropping them and came up with the idea of using painters tape.

This is one of my favorite mods, been using them since May.