PDA

View Full Version : 2017 F3 Limited (with top case installed) Half cover/travel cover recommendations

JasonH
08-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jason, but my friends call me Bubba. First, I want to thank all of you for the knowledge you share on these forums. I have been doing a lot of reading while getting ready for my new ride and have been enjoying it even more now that I have it. I have been searching around for travel or half cover recommendations since Can Am doesn't seem to have one that fits this bike with the top case in place. I haven't seen exactly what I am trying to find, so I figured it was time to introduce myself and to ask. I have seen some discussions about Nelson Rigg and Ultra Guard, but nothing specifically about the F3L with the top case.

Thanks again,
B

cptjam
08-29-2017, 11:48 PM
They make a nice half cover.

Pirate looks at --
08-30-2017, 12:06 AM
The BRP half cover is a really good cover!:thumbup:

Buckeye Bleau
08-30-2017, 05:16 AM
Welcome to the forums stranger. :congrats: On your first post. Soon you will be helping others.

Joe

jcthorne
08-30-2017, 05:31 AM
This Gold Wing half cover for less than $40 is a perfect fit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VVSPX2

JasonH
08-30-2017, 08:03 PM
cptjam, Pirate looks at -- , Buckeye Bleau, and jcthorne,

Thank you for your responses. I will take a look at the ones mentioned.

Thanks again,
B

vtrider
08-31-2017, 02:02 AM
I use this cover for my F3. It is a nice cover. It's not a half cover, but it is compact and can easily be stored in one of the cases for road trips. It will work with a top case. I had this cover for my 2013 RT limited when I had it. There are other optional covers you may be interested in on this web page as well. http://store.valueaccessories.net/UltraGardCAN-AMSpyderRTCover.aspx

JasonH
08-31-2017, 06:26 AM
vtrider,

Thanks for the information. I will look into it.

Jason

rudym
08-31-2017, 06:35 AM
This Gold Wing half cover for less than $40 is a perfect fit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VVSPX2

I have an F3T with the top case as well; I have the cover shown in the link also.
While the cover in the link does work in a kinda/sorta way, it doesn't really cover the top case and the frunk.
It's like a fat woman with large breasts in a skinny girls tube top. :D

Also your windshield choice / size is going to affect things dramatically.

I am also looking for the right entire spyder cover as well - I was thinking I need to buy one of the covers designed for a full touring spyder ????

mcaudillo
08-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jason, but my friends call me Bubba. First, I want to thank all of you for the knowledge you share on these forums. I have been doing a lot of reading while getting ready for my new ride and have been enjoying it even more now that I have it. I have been searching around for travel or half cover recommendations since Can Am doesn't seem to have one that fits this bike with the top case in place. I haven't seen exactly what I am trying to find, so I figured it was time to introduce myself and to ask. I have seen some discussions about Nelson Rigg and Ultra Guard, but nothing specifically about the F3L with the top case.

Thanks again,
B

Hello Jason/Bubba, I bought my 2017 F3L in February and have found that the only cover available was a full. I bought a cover from Amazon that was "supposed" to fit but it was a literal "stretch" and the hole for the antenna did'n fit well and I ended up returning it. Cam Am wasn't much help in knowing when they would come out with a half cover either. I was told by the guy who serviced my Spyder to contact a custom cover company for motorcycles and they would make one for you. That was last month and I never followed up on it. My suggestion would be to ask the business you bought the Spyder from and ask them if they know of a local motorcycle cover business. Good luck. Mark

sylvester
08-31-2017, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=JasonH;1296129]Hello Everyone,

Thanks again,
B[/QUOTE

Jason I have an f-3 limited traded my wing kept the cover fits great but then i cut down a goldwing windshield after bying tall boy didn't like it cut down tall gw tulsa works much better for me i don't like looking over the ws :yes:

mcaudillo
09-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks again,
B

I found a cover. I ordered the cover through Amazon and it fits perfect on my 2017 F3L.
Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 Motorcycle Half Cover, All-Weather, 100% Waterproof, Taped Seams, UV, Free Stuff Sack, X-Large Fits most Touring and Adventure motorcycles like Harley Davidson Ultra, Honda Goldwing and BMW R1200GS.

The only thing is that your going to have to put a grommet in for the antenna. Mark the spot with a Sharpie and have a custom boat cover maker or similar and you're in business. The cover came in at less that $40. Good luck.

JasonH
09-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks to those who have continued to respond to this thread.
mcaudillo, I am going to check out the cover you found.

B