PDA

View Full Version : "Some of my favorite things..."

TomG
08-27-2017, 08:21 AM
I have a 2016 F3L, with the '17 Topbox added. Also have a number of lights, etc added, but my favorite additions are:
a: Foam seat insert from Motorcycle Dave. I have a problem with the circulation in my legs such that pressure on the inside and back of my upper thighs will reduce circulation and give me leg cramps within a couple hours. That really reduces, to say the least, the pleasure of a long distance ride. BRP's Coast-to-Coast seat eliminated the leg cramps, but the rear portion (when seated) of my butt would get sore after only a few hours on the Spyder. Dave's insert solved that problem, and at 1/10th the cost of a new saddle that may, or may not have done so.

b: BajaRon anti- sway bar. After riding RT's for 4 1/2 years, i was thrilled by how much less the F3 was affected by gusts of wind from the side and from gusts created by 18 wheelers. While the F3 was a big improvement, for me, it did not eliminate the problem. Finally, after almost 6 years riding a Spyder, I broke down and installed Ron's sway bar. Wow! feels like a different machine altogether. Not only did it greatly reduce the effect the gusts, but the machine feels better even of a strait piece of road. Though I am way more cautious now then I was when I was 16 (60 years ago), that new sway bar make the whole Spyder experience more comfortable and more fun, even the twisties.

c: Foam handlebar grips from Spyder Pops. These make the grips fit my hands better.The increase in diameter, and the texture of the foam are a big improvement over the smallish, hard stock grips. It remains to be seen how they effect heated grips in the winter?

d: Wide Vu Mirror from TricLed. What a great product. I still turn my head to look before changing lanes, but I do not have to nearly as often since the I can now see that there is something in what used to be the blind spot.

TomG

Chupaca
08-27-2017, 09:16 AM
You have found the farkles that best suit you and your ryding style. It's all about safety, comfort and making it yours. Enjoy the changes :ohyea: