PDA

View Full Version : rss and f3s

ssmcclub
08-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Who had the rss a now have the f3s how do you compare the 2 ?

SpyderHands
08-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Who had the rss a now have the f3s how do you compare the 2 ?I've never owned a RSS, however we did drive one AFTER we had already purchased our F3S. After having done so, we were so glad we chose to go with the F3. IMO, the sitting position is much more relaxed and "chill" on the F3. That's the age old "buffet" reason why they have different models. Different strokes for different folks.

Just my 2 cents! :doorag:

Rob Rodriguez
08-25-2017, 10:11 AM
If I were you I'd ride both and make your own decisions. Some people like the seating position on the RSS, some like the seating position on the F3. RSS is more like a sport/dual purpose bike and the F3 is more like a cruiser bike. It's all in how you feel more comfortable.

SpyderHands
08-25-2017, 10:19 AM
If I were you I'd ride both and make your own decisions. Some people like the seating position on the RSS, some like the seating position on the F3. RSS is more like a sport/dual purpose bike and the F3 is more like a cruiser bike. It's all in how you feel more comfortable.:agree:

ARtraveler
08-25-2017, 03:59 PM
It's going to be a personal thing depending on the rider. Think of the F3s as a replacement for the RSS--which never took off--it was just a modified RS.

F3--bigger engine, adjustment ergos, re-styled. Those would be the things that I would be looking at if it was a buy one or the other situation. :thumbup:

Chupaca
08-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Dosen't much matter anymore. The GS, RS RSS, ST and RT V-Twin are all off the table...:banghead:
But having done, watched etc the studies and polls taken, the average age and where the majority of the spyder ryders are coming from one can see the choices made by BRP..:banghead:
For those that wanted the sport wide open ryde we will prefer the RS and those that found the fun in them will keep on ryding them till we find a replacement...:thumbup:

MrBones
08-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Had the RSS for 43,000 miles. Got on the F3s and in just a few miles had to have it. Just came off a Valkyrie and thought the RSS was the best. Worked till I rode the F3 now the difference is unexplainable. So here I am at 84 still puttin and having a great time. Only do about 1,000 miles a month but they are lots of smiles.

3 wheeler
08-25-2017, 09:36 PM
I had a 2011 RS and I traded it in on the 2015 F3-S. I like them both very much. Here are my thoughts;

Styling......to me F3 hands down, looks more aggressive and muscular.

Power......this is a close one, the RS had more midrange punch, the F3 has more top end pull. Both are fun.

Sound.....RS hands down. Nothing beats the V-twin sound. I had a Two Brothers exhaust on it, sounded so good.

Handling....if you like to hang off the side, I still think you can corner faster on the RS. If not you'll be happier cornering on
the F3.

Suspension....front goes to the F3, the RS had better rear suspension geometry. If you are riding two-up, you'll definitely
need a better rear shock on the F3.

Comfort.....F3! I had to add handlebar risers to the RS, it was fairly comfortable after that and I did like the foot peg
position to stand once in a while. Overall the F3 is much better though and for passengers as well.

Storage....RS. The front trunk is way bigger.

Reliability....my RS was extremely reliable, never let me down. The F3 has also been reliable, no problems yet.

Maintenance....the F3 is definitely easier to maintain.

blacklightning
08-26-2017, 06:19 AM
I had a 2011 RS and I traded it in on the 2015 F3-S. I like them both very much. Here are my thoughts;

Styling......to me F3 hands down, looks more aggressive and muscular.

Power......this is a close one, the RS had more midrange punch, the F3 has more top end pull. Both are fun.

Sound.....RS hands down. Nothing beats the V-twin sound. I had a Two Brothers exhaust on it, sounded so good.

Handling....if you like to hang off the side, I still think you can corner faster on the RS. If not you'll be happier cornering on
the F3.

Suspension....front goes to the F3, the RS had better rear suspension geometry. If you are riding two-up, you'll definitely
need a better rear shock on the F3.

Comfort.....F3! I had to add handlebar risers to the RS, it was fairly comfortable after that and I did like the foot peg
position to stand once in a while. Overall the F3 is much better though and for passengers as well.

Storage....RS. The front trunk is way bigger.

Reliability....my RS was extremely reliable, never let me down. The F3 has also been reliable, no problems yet.

Maintenance....the F3 is definitely easier to maintain.
I agree with most of the above post. But i liked the looks of the RSS better, as i am not a fan of the exposed frame.

aklim
08-26-2017, 10:46 PM
Who had the rss a now have the f3s how do you compare the 2 ?

I don't have both. We had a 2012 RSS and now a 2017 F3 Ltd. There is no comparison. If you want to talk aesthetics, I can't say. I don't see too many quantifiable metrics the F3 gets beat by the RSS. The power is smooth and even. You can adjust for 2 riders with a hex wrench and a rod. RSS is "Take it or leave it". I can set it with more forward brake and a floorboad whereas the RSS was in the wannabe crotch rocket position whether you like it or not.