PDA

View Full Version : Not a good year for Ontario motorcyclists

bushrat
08-25-2017, 01:35 AM
Latest report from Ontario Provincial Police shows 30 motorcycle accident fatalities on highways this year to date. Record was set in 2016, with 36 fatal accidents, so we're possibly on our way to a new high, with 1/3rd of the year remaining. Alcohol and speed reported as most common factors. Insurance rates could take another hit next year. Be extra safe out there folks. Don't become a statistic.

Bob Denman
08-25-2017, 07:59 AM
:agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIkkzDagsY

Pirate looks at --
08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
:agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIkkzDagsY
Man I loved that show! Perhaps the last good show to be produced on "Broadcast Television"

SpyderAnn01
08-25-2017, 09:39 AM
We have about one per week in Las Vegas. 49 fatalities in the county last year. Most are the riders fault

nhoj
08-25-2017, 09:44 AM
... Alcohol and speed reported as most common factors. I

Not sure about that... what's even more disturbing is in the last 3 weeks "7" riders were killed in lane intrusion accidents. Generally a car or truck crossing head on into the lane of an oncoming motorcycle(s). Its difficult to protect yourself against that. One of the more "unusual" accidents was just last weekend when a group of 3 motorcycles collided head on with another group of 7 motorcycles... 3 dead.

Bob Denman
08-25-2017, 10:02 AM
:banghead: I think that we end up usually being our own worst enemies... we sure don't need any help from the cages! :gaah:

pegasus1300
08-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Motorcycle accidents are on the rise everywhere. There are lots of possible reasons. Let's all just be sure that we have done all we can to not be a causative factor in the incident. Know what your meds do to your situational awareness, know your limitations. For most of us we are no longer 10 feet tall and bulletproof:roflblack:. We are our own worst enemies:gaah:. While "they" are trying to kill us we are also doing a pretty good job on our own.

bscrive
08-25-2017, 10:45 AM
I am sure the insurance companies will use this as a reason to jack our rates again. Like they aren't high enough as it is. :gaah:

Bob Denman
08-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Please try and remember that insurance companies are in business to make money: not lose it!
The rates we get, are the rates that we earn through the actions of everybody...

They don't set the rates: we do! nojoke