PDA

View Full Version : Bear Track motorcycle trailers

Uticat
08-18-2017, 03:15 PM
Hi All,
Just looking at hauling trailers and came across these http://www.beartracktrailers.com/product/motorcycle-trailers/ Do any of you have any experience with these? I like the fact that it has stake pockets and you can get the side rail kit also to use as a standard utility trailer.

classicvw
08-18-2017, 03:34 PM
No experience with those, but like any other trailer you may be considering, triple-check the measurements so that it'll fit a Spyder.

Example: I'm sure the stated 120" length includes the nose, but can you use that nose area with the Spyders, or will the front fenders hit the nose taper (sides) first? I can't say.

4 MARIE
08-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Looks a lot like an Aluma, which are great by the way.
I see they are made in Minnesota,
My Aluma has stake pockets, and a longer, bifold ramp, that has an arch, so you don't scrape stuff.
The only other thing that caught my eye on the "Bear track"? is the goose neck action on the tongue.
unsure if that is as strong as a straight tongue.

You have to vote with your dollar, don't know where the dealers are, but. Good luck with your hunt.

ofdave
08-18-2017, 06:16 PM
good point about the width in the taper
your spyder (you don't mention what you have) is between 102" and 105" long and between 59" and 62" wide.
The goose neck tongue is to get the bed lower and easier to load. Not a problem in my opinion.
It would fit for sure on the 120" bed if backed in., but it would be tight on the width
Or just get the 76X132 trailer
they look pretty well made

Uticat
08-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Yes, was considering the 76x132.