PDA

View Full Version : Going Green

Roaddog2
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Well weather hasn't been so great last few days in CT.
but had a chance to install and road test the new Green air filter:2thumbs:
designed well fits like a glove.Magic Man you did well with your help in the design of the filter.I see know reason that it will not last the life of the :spyder::ani29: road test it was a short ride only about forty or so miles all speeds no hesitation perfect match for exhaust finaly I,m stoked I figure it's money well spent and was already on my second stock filter so not having to replace any more and minor maint on the green I figure yearly on maint it is well worth it keep up the good work Magicman :2thumbs::2thumbs:

NancysToy
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Looking forward to our green filter arriving soon. Now if only we would get the Spyder back from being held warranty hostage at the dealer, so we had something to install it on.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Roaddog2
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Looking forward to our green filter arriving soon. Now if only we would get the Spyder back from being held warranty hostage at the dealer, so we had something to install it on.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gifThat hostage stuff stinks how are you feeling Scotty and Nancy if I May ask get it May :spyder:

NancysToy
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
That hostage stuff stinks how are you feeling Scotty and Nancy if I May ask get it May :spyder:
Hijack alert! Nancy is gaining, going back to teach Monday...against my better judgement. I am not having fun, but I'm no longer dying. Go to U of M tomorrow for further evaluation. Thanks for asking. Hope everything is still go for the big parts swap at your end in May. Tell Pat we're thinking of her and sis.

bone crusher
05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Hijack alert! Nancy is gaining, going back to teach Monday...against my better judgement. I am not having fun, but I'm no longer dying. Go to U of M tomorrow for further evaluation. Thanks for asking. Hope everything is still go for the big parts swap at your end in May. Tell Pat we're thinking of her and sis.

Good to hear...better on the road than on a bed...

Roaddog2
05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Good to hear...better on the road than on a bed...
:agree:

jeuchler
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Well weather hasn't been so great last few days in CT.
but had a chance to install and road test the new Green air filter:2thumbs:
designed well fits like a glove.Magic Man you did well with your help in the design of the filter.I see know reason that it will not last the life of the :spyder::ani29: road test it was a short ride only about forty or so miles all speeds no hesitation perfect match for exhaust finaly I,m stoked I figure it's money well spent and was already on my second stock filter so not having to replace any more and minor maint on the green I figure yearly on maint it is well worth it keep up the good work Magicman :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Yup. Yup. Yup. And Yes.:agree:

Got my Green today, took three body panels off, unclipped eight (yeah, eight) clips, yanked the cover around, cheated (did not remove it totally) and popped out the paper filter, and threw in Big Green. Very, very little oil in the box (it all got washed away on the last big trip??!)

(Note to self: replace a l l those Torx with Dzuz fasteners...)

Test drive tomorrow.

Spydr in KS
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
had a chance to install and road test the new Green air filter:2thumbs:
designed well fits like a glove.Magic Man you did well with your help in the design of the filter. road test it was a short ride only about forty or so miles all speeds no hesitation perfect match for exhaust finaly I,m stoked I figure it's money well spent...keep up the good work Magicman :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Intalled my green air filter today. Only got in a short ride but :spyder2: seemed smoother from the get go. I never felt the hindle added much but sweeter sound, but the green filter and hindle combo felt great today! No hestiation :thumbup: and less snap, crackle pop on deceleration!

Rando
01-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Anyone have the "step by step" instructions on how to install the green air filter?

RoadHammer
01-15-2010, 07:25 PM
remove panels, unclip airbox clips. remove top of airbbox, take out old filter and throw it in the garbage. install green filter, put top of airbox back on, clip the clips back on, reinstall panels.

Anyone have the "step by step" instructions on how to install the green air filter?

bone crusher
01-15-2010, 10:19 PM
remove panels, unclip airbox clips. remove top of airbbox, take out old filter and throw it in the garbage. install green filter, put top of airbox back on, clip the clips back on, reinstall panels.

Yahoo! Love my greenie!

Jornie1
01-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Being a newbie...Where does one get a Greenie. How much should one pay for a Greenie. Does it increase the gas mileage.. More power?? Only help those who love Green.. Talk to me... ???
Yahoo! Love my greenie!

Homeslice
01-15-2010, 11:42 PM
For those of you running a Hindle and Green air filter, do you find it necessary to run the Juicebox as well? Or does the Spyder ECM do a good job of adjusting the fuel/air mixture on its own.

wyliec
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
Being a newbie...Where does one get a Greenie. How much should one pay for a Greenie. Does it increase the gas mileage.. More power?? Only help those who love Green.. Talk to me... ???

Click on 'home' and go to 'ESI'. Click on ESI and look for air filter in the left hand column. ESI is a sponsoring vendor of spyderlovers.com.

bone crusher
01-16-2010, 03:02 AM
For those of you running a Hindle and Green air filter, do you find it necessary to run the Juicebox as well? Or does the Spyder ECM do a good job of adjusting the fuel/air mixture on its own.

No, you do not need a Juicebox if you have the green filter...the filter allows more air (clearly) to mix with the fuel, thereby giving you an instant boost in performance...the JB further helps this process by giving you more control of fuel to mix with this additional air.

Each independently helps performance...I saw better fuel efficiency as well...get both, they're worth it.

ESI all the way!

BLACK WIDOW
01-16-2010, 09:43 AM

ESI, less than $70., Yes, Yes. Works best with performance exhaust and JB.