PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Spyder owners

D&J's#2
05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I know there are not many of us, but it would be cool
if we could get something organized here online. A ride would be great! :chat:That is if we ever get rid of the rain.

Whatta'ya think?:yes:

reconspyder
05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I know there are not many of us, but it would be cool
if we could get something organized here online. A ride would be great! :chat:That is if we ever get rid of the rain.

Whatta'ya think?:yes:

I will ryde with whoever whenever!! I dont know if you have met Gary the Badger yet but he organized a ryde in NW arkansas a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty cool but I would love to ryde with someone where I dont have to ryde 3 hours to start the ryde with.

GaryTheBadger
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Set it up, post it here, and I'll spread the word with SpyderRyders of NWA as well (which grew by one as of last night...Lori on her silver 2008 PE SM5)

orangespydiegirl
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I live in Memphis during the week and Fairfield bay AR most weekends, I would love to meet more sypder ryders if I don't have to ryde hours to get there first. By the way met Recon at Eureka Springs a couple weeks back, We pulled into a place to eat and there were 3 spyders, so I waited for them to leave and introduced myself. Great meeting you!

SPYDERPOPS
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm in the Hot Springs area and ready to ride anytime.

D&J's#2
05-07-2009, 08:47 PM
This weekend looks like a bust, but let's pencil in the next weekend. There is a Teddy Bear Run sponsored by the HOG of Central Arkansas whick is to meet at Landers Harley Davidson 10210 Hwy I-30 Little Rock; lineup at 12:30. It says all bikes welcome, lunch provided---until it runs out. A small stuffed animal is requested for the Pulaski Co. Sheriff's Office to give to children caught in domestic violence situations.

I'll get with the local dealer here and see if he can get something go'n for the event. I'll get back with ya'll fri. eve. after I talk to him.

Anyone else have any suggestions?:chat:

Thanks! I didn't expect such a response.:shocked:

orangespydiegirl
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Little Rock we can make that one, keeps us up to date.

D&J's#2
05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Alright, I met with Lev Bradfor, of Bradford Marine, and he has asked that we all meet at his dealership in North Little Rock before going to the Teddy Bear Run, the location is 8020 Landers Rd., that's just off Hwy 167 N., take the Brookswood exit and keep right, you'll see it. They want our comments, complaints, suggestions, praise, etc....

Bradford Marine will provide drinks, snacks, and a 10% discount on all accessories purchased by us.:2thumbs:

In addition to the Teddy Bear Run there is a Motorcycle & Music Festival in Perryville at the Perryville Fairgrounds the 15, 16, & 17th.:chat:

FYI-- Mr. Bradford wants us to come before going to the Run so that his staff will be better available to us, since they get busier later in the day

Sorry I'm so late getting this out----We were Spyder rid'n:yes:

orangespydiegirl
05-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Can you give me the link to the teddy bear run? I couldn't find anything about it. Sounds great will speak to hubby but I'm sure we can make it.

effgjamis
05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Anyone going to the LA Event??

If so, give me a shout...407-520-1061 .. effgjamis@cfl.rr.com or PM or all of the above..

D&J's#2
05-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Can you give me the link to the teddy bear run? I couldn't find anything about it. Sounds great will speak to hubby but I'm sure we can make it.

I just found a link to the Central Arkansas Chapter of HOG it is (cachog.com). :spyder2:

Hope to see ya'll the 16th.

SPYDERPOPS
05-09-2009, 07:35 PM
That deal in Perryville sounds a lot better than hanging out with a bunch or Harley owners. Haven't found many too interested in our "Y" Factors. Wouldn't we feel a little out of place there? Will there be all types of cycles there?

Harvey

D&J's#2
05-09-2009, 08:07 PM
That deal in Perryville sounds a lot better than hanging out with a bunch or Harley owners. Haven't found many too interested in our "Y" Factors. Wouldn't we feel a little out of place there? Will there be all types of cycles there?

Harvey
I haven't felt out of place before or since I saw my first child born; that's another story though. I'll go with whatever ya'll want to do. Perryville gets my vote though. :chat: I just want to ride and ride with other Spyder owners.:yes:
My wife and I rode with 6 Harleys and a trike yesterday eve. and they had plenty of questions. They do have a passion for their machines, just like we do, some more than others. I do' understand what you're saying though.

SPYDERPOPS
05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I could meet up with everyone at the Harley shop and then we could go through Benton and hit Hwy 5 to 9 then to Perryville. This way you and the others could go by Bradford's and then to the Harley deal. As long as we don't go to the Harley deal as a main event for us. I'm not trying to be difficult just want to have some seat time and enjoy being with other Y's. Perryville won't know what hit them when we ride up backwards, as those Harley 3 wheeler riders say.

I'm going to go to the Red Carpet event in Hollywood next month and expect to meet up with some of the riders in OK also.
HC

D&J's#2
05-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I envy you being able to go to the "Ryde to the Red Carpet " in LA. I registered to WIN the trip this afternoon.

How bout we meet at Bradford Marine 10am or so, make the Teddy Bear Run(their lineup begins at 1230 and departs at 1300) and head out for Perryville from there; or go to Perryville directly from Bradford's? :chat:
Give me some input.:helpsmilie::pray: Can everyone make the 10am meet? I would like for everyone that wants to participate to be able to meet and enjoy riding with other Spyder owners.:yes::yes:

orangespydiegirl
05-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry everyone-but my intentions were good. I'm having company this weekend--My Grandson---I havn't seen him in a few months so I know you'll understand why I have to bow out of this ride. Hope to meet you soon.

D&J's#2
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Understand, they grow so fast, you've got to see them whenever you have the chance.:D Sorry ya'll can't join us.:gaah: Maybe next time. Hope you have a Great visit.

boatcruzin
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I would love to go ride with some other spyder owners , I got mine in December and have not meet another owner yet ! But they are calling for rain that day , so I don't know . I am in Oklahoma but only 5 miles from Ft. Smith . I was just a little bit ago looking for some spyder owners close to me and would like to meet some other owners ! So who knows I may show up . I am boatcruzin but I may need to change to spydercruzin .

D&J's#2
05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Yep, I know "THE RAIN"!! If we get rained out, which it looks like we will, I'll shoot for next weekend--a three day weekend.:2thumbs::yes: There are plenty of awesome places to ride. I'll post a new thread if this weekend is a wash; no pun intended, and do some research on rallies, etc.....:ohyea:Enjoy your boatcruizn and thanks!:clap:

SPYDERPOPS
05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
If it's not raining I will meet you at Bradfords. Next weekend is out for me as I have to take my daughter racing at Hallett. Sometimes I just can't win it all but must keep trying.
HC

D&J's#2
05-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Looks like it's gonn'a rain all day Sat., in the morn., the afternoon, and then the eve. So ya'll, I don't think it's wise to plan for a Spyder Run.:sour: Mr. Bradford's s been informed of the cancellation;:cus: the 23rd, 24th, or the 25 would be fine for him, the snacks, drinks, and 10% discounts still stands:2thumbs:(they're open the entire holiday weekend).

However; Sun., the 17th looks very promising. :clap: If anyone would like to meet at Bradford in North Little Rock and ride to Perryville please let me know and I'll be there at 1:00 pm. :ohyea: If nobody responds, we'll be in Perryville sunday afternoon.:yes: We'll be on a yellow Spyder with the calsci windshield, 4" risers, sport rack/backrest, and single 2 brothers exh.

I'll post a new thread sun. eve. as to plans for the holiday weekend. I hope to get as good of a response as we did with this one. Thanks!!!

brew
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Live in the area and would love to make a run but this weekend does not work for me.:sour: Keep me up to date on other rides. Thanks

SPYDERPOPS
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
We will leave after Church in Hot Springs and be there around 1pm. I will be on a yellow spyder with CHAD and SS's, followed by a Victory 8Ball.

boatcruzin
05-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Next Saturday sounds good:2thumbs: for ether place that is if it is not raining again . Let us know so we can make plains:chat::2excited: and we will try to keep it open !

D&J's#2
05-16-2009, 08:37 PM
We'll see ya in Perryville.:ohyea: If not, will talk with ya'll on line later about up and coming runs.

Thanks!!!

xpeschon
05-21-2009, 10:03 PM
OK folks here you go... First of all it was very nice to talk to you today Kurt, I am looking forward to finally meeting some folks.. Lets discuss members first here is what I have the people are the
FOR SURE LIST: xpeschon, coolmachine, SSG Bean, Captainryder, Mo Lee, bmwgene, irish2themax and spyderbitten
Here is the POSSIBLES: GaryTheBadger, Teacherbob, Spyder in KS and kcmess...... Is this all correct??

SEE BELOW FOLKS:
13th of June 2009
9:00 am Meet at Shoney’s American Lebanon MO. (Breakfast 1015 S. Jefferson ST)
10:00am After breakfast we will move to the Harley Shop in Lebanon for Registration (need not register ON LINE, you can do this at the site) for USO Run.
NOON: The USO Run will begin from Lebanon Mo to St. Roberts MO. (Apprx 45 minute run through Lebanon and on to I-44 exit off at Buckhorn and procede through Waynesville and St.Roberts MO)
AFTER THE RIDE THE COMMANDING GENERAL WILL GIVE A QUICK BRIEF THANKING ALL AND A MEAL AFTER WORDS.
3:00pm (?) We will then backtrack to Lebanon, MO, turn north at Lebanon, and travel to Bennett Springs State Park for a site seeing attraction headed up by Kurt. (Appx. 1 hour ride)
4:30pm (?) We will then travel toUS 54 entering Camdenton, MO and on into Lake of the Ozarks where we will be spending the night..

See Below
NOTE 1:SO ANY ONE WANTING TO COME A DAY EARLY IF YOU MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS AT THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS YOU WILL BE GOOD TO GO-----That Saturday morning it’s about an hour’s drive to link up with the rest of us on Saturday morning at Shoney’s.
NOTE 2: Kurt is going to due a RECON on the many different Hotels this week-end and will publish his results and we can go from there, I would recommend that we all stay at the same Hotel however its entirely up to you folks, so STAY TUNED FOR THE HOTEL RESULTS..
We will then all settle in the hotel for about an hour just to get situated and relax a minute… Possible gather at the pool area-/-lobby area and socialize as well
7:00pm (?) As a group we will decide on where we are going to eat Supper at. This will be a restaurant type activity and get to know one another.. I figure a little introduction and background by each one of us.. Should be fun..
Options after Supper: We can go for a little cruise in and around Lake of the Ozarks and check out some of the night lights then go back to the hotel OR we can just travel back to the hotel after Supper—We will make the call again as a group..
Sunday June 14th
8:00 am Check out and get some Breakfast and then possible tour a interesting place about 25 minutes from Lake of the Ozark call Ha Ha Tonka State Park:
http://www.mostateparks.com/hahatonka.htm (http://www.mostateparks.com/hahatonka.htm)
After this attraction we will then say FAREWELL and head on home… Should be around Noon on Sunday.
(?) = Just a estimated time of course, I'm sure you all understand
xpeschon 573-528-0296 Call if you need

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=100858#post100858

GaryTheBadger
05-22-2009, 06:26 AM
You can remove me from the "Possibles" list, won't be able to make it. :(