PDA

View Full Version : Performance Pipe (CAT Delete)

NorthAlabamaSpyder
08-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Ok, so I have this pipe and the Bi City Thunder baffle. Sounds like a loud "Ricer" car. I really only wanted to remove the heavy CAT and reduce the heat. Any way to make it a little more quiet? Thx in advance.

ABQSpyder
08-08-2017, 11:38 AM
I put a RT muffler on mine. Guy I ride with has a Yoshimura his sound nice!

Schwingel9
08-08-2017, 11:39 AM
They do sound like "Ricers."

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-08-2017, 12:28 PM
I had concerns about noise levels also .... but my RT isn't much louder than when it was stock ...... I did make my own BAFFLE tho........ Mike :thumbup:

NorthAlabamaSpyder
08-08-2017, 01:28 PM
I had concerns about noise levels also .... but my RT isn't much louder than when it was stock ...... I did make my own BAFFLE tho........ Mike :thumbup:

Loudness is not the problem, it is the buzzy sound. I feel like I am driving a Honda Civic with one of those big tail pipes.

cmarsala
08-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Ok, so I have this pipe and the Bi City Thunder baffle. Sounds like a loud "Ricer" car. I really only wanted to remove the heavy CAT and reduce the heat. Any way to make it a little more quiet? Thx in advance.

I installed the cat delete pipe along with the Big City Thunder baffle, wasn't crazy about the sound, so I installed the can opener baffle from Lamonster along with the Big City Baffle, bike now sounds good and even runs better. Picked up some bottom end torque. The Can opener baffle goes into the long end, it's a press in fit and the BC thunder baffle goes in the curved end. You can get everything from Lamonster Garage.:yes::doorag: