PDA

View Full Version : Intro, and Thanks for Having Me!

Walt227
08-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

After 20+ years on 2 wheels, and 10 of them drooling over the Spyder I finally decided to pull the trigger a few days ago on a new 2017 F3-T SE6. Holy funballs. So, I'm knocking on the door of 40 (which means I'm still 29; aren't we all) and am curious as to what performance mods you guys & gals recommend. Akropovic slip-on is being delivered today.

Thakks for having me!

Walt

UtahPete
08-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

After 20+ years on 2 wheels, and 10 of them drooling over the Spyder I finally decided to pull the trigger a few days ago on a new 2017 F3-T SE6. Holy funballs. So, I'm knocking on the door of 40 (which means I'm still 29; aren't we all) and am curious as to what performance mods you guys & gals recommend. Akropovic slip-on is being delivered today.

Thakks for having me! Walt

Welcome to the community and the forum. I have RT's so can't help you much with the farkles suggestions, but somebody will be all over this soon!

Chupaca
08-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Don't have one of those...those that do will let you know whats out there. :thumbup:congrats on your new ryde :2thumbs: glad you caved and got what you wanted even if it took 10 years..:yikes::roflblack: enjoy

UtahPete
08-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the community and the forum. I have RT's so can't help you much with the farkles suggestions, but somebody will be all over this soon!

BTW, I suggest you update your profile and signature to include the make, model and year of your Spyder (and a pic would be helpful too)

Also, I suggest you start a new thread in the specific forum for your model of bike and put something like "What are the best farkles for a 2017 F3-T SE6". That way it's easier for folks to glance down the list of threads and see at a glance whether it pertains to them.

Good luck.

PrairieSpyder
08-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thakks for having me!

Walt

:welcome: & :congrats:

What part of the world is Walkertown in?

DGoebel
08-07-2017, 04:08 PM
BajaRon Sway Bar It doesn't matter what you have, any stronger sway bar is a performance improvement. For any make, model, or format, no one ever really enjoys body rolling around corners if they want performance. Unless you're just drag racing down straights....
Welcome to the forum!

Bob Denman
08-07-2017, 05:10 PM
:clap: 1330club
:lecturef_smilie: Brush your teeth after every ride!

ARtraveler
08-07-2017, 08:16 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your :spyder2:

SpyderAnn01
08-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Congratulations on your new ride. I just got an F3T last week and so far I have added LED headlights, changed out the fender reflectors to LEDs, changed the side saddlebag reflectors to LED and added a brake/turn light on the rear all from TricLED. I have the Cat Bypass with a baffle (from Pitbull Powersports and also available from Lamonster Garage) and the stock pipe and I like the sound. I haven't heard the Akropovic on an F3 but they were a bit loud for my taste on the RT. If it isn't easy for you to throw your leg over you'll want to add the 3rd Pegs available from Lamonster Garage. They go between the floorboards and the passenger pegs and make it a whole lot easier to mount/dismount the F3.

Next up on my list is definitely the Baja Ron Anti Sway Bar and heim links and a Bumpskid from Spyderpops.

Enjoy

AeroPilot
08-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Also added the F4 windshield. She says it's perfect for now, 11000 miles and counting.

SpyderHands
08-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Joining this community is probably the next best thing you can do after buying your Spyder.

WELCOME!!!

:congrats:

Walt227
08-08-2017, 11:48 AM
:welcome: & :congrats:

What part of the world is Walkertown in?

Walkertown is a borough of Winston-Salem, NC - we're about 10 mins from downtown.

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration.