PDA

View Full Version : New Tank bag for F3

jcthorne
08-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Just thought I would share a new product available for the F3. Well not new but the F3 is a new application.

This is a SW-MoTech tank lock EVO Engage tank bag with an adaptor ring on the fuel fill opening. It attaches and detaches easily and is very steady while riding. Holds quite a bit and does not seem to interfere with control or viewing of instruments. The contour comes out looking like it was designed specifically for the F3.

ABQSpyder
08-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Those are nice had one on my Bimmer.
Yes they hold a fair amount!

Road-Kill
08-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Can you post the website, item numbers for both the bag and the mounting bracket? Thanks.

ABQSpyder
08-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Here you go!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-engage-non-electric-tank-bag

jcthorne
08-09-2017, 01:13 PM
And here is the tank ring:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit-mv-agusta-triumph

Wildrice
08-09-2017, 01:46 PM

www.revzilla.com%2Fmotorcycle%2Fsw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit-mv-agusta-triumph (http://www.revzilla.com%2Fmotorcycle%2Fsw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit-mv-agusta-triumph)

Your link to tank ring mount URL is blank--no info. How to attach is to 2015 F3's Spyder??
Darrell

Wildrice
08-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Your link to tank ring mount URL is blank--no info. How to attach is to 2015 F3's Spyder??
Darrell

Skip my previous request--I found a magnetic tank bag "Mad Dog" at Walmart for $38.99 including shipping & tx. I have had 2 magnetic tank bags over last 16 yrs & Have never had a scratch on the tank from the material covered magnets. Some of the other non magnetic bags have adaptors that would look silly if the bag wasn't installed plus their price is 4 x the cost of the Bull Dog & I like to be able to carry the bag into the grocery stores to see what fits inside if my saddle bags & frunk are full. Never worry about the magnet bag slipping off of the tank--it takes several lbs of pull to remove the bag from the tank & I've had the bike up to xxx mph--no problem.

Darrell

adzgrrrl
08-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Darrell

Same here. OP... Could you let me know what year/make/model tank ring you have? I am very interested in this bag. Thank you!

PrairieSpyder
08-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Darrell

Same here. OP... Could you let me know what year/make/model tank ring you have? I am very interested in this bag. Thank you!

Try this one: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit

You can also get there from a link in the tank bag description

sandman53
08-10-2017, 07:15 AM
What is this Mad dog tank bag that you have ? More info.

Road-Kill
08-10-2017, 08:25 AM
The link posted does not say "Can Am" for the mounting hardware so posting the link is pointless unless there is a bike listed with the same bolt diameter as the Spyder. Which bike is it?

jcthorne
08-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Try again, I corrected the link. There was an ampersand inserted in it by the SL Forum editor for some reason.

A magnetic bag is useless on the F3 as the 'tank' is plastic. I posted a photo of what the bike looks like without the bag on.

adzgrrrl
08-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Try again, I corrected the link. There was an ampersand inserted in it by the SL Forum editor for some reason.

Thanks, jcthorne (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?13770-jcthorne)!!! This is on my wish list. ;)

Wildrice
08-10-2017, 07:06 PM
A magnetic bag is useless on the F3 as the 'tank' is plastic. I posted a photo of what the bike looks like without the bag on.[/QUOTE]

Oh Geez--U are correct--just tried my bike magnetic bag on the F3's--it's a no go--good thing I only wasted $39:banghead:

Wildrice
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Try this one: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit

You can also get there from a link in the tank bag description

Can you verify this adaptor kit will fit on the F3-F3's models--have you installed one?
Darrell

Road-Kill
08-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Can you verify this adaptor kit will fit on the F3-F3's models--have you installed one?
Darrell

:agree: The link provided does NOT state it has an adapter kit for the Can Am. I'm "assuming" one of the listed brands can fit a Spyder but which one? Would be nice if the thread starter stated this since they started this thread.

jcthorne
08-11-2017, 12:46 PM
:agree: The link provided does NOT state it has an adapter kit for the Can Am. I'm "assuming" one of the listed brands can fit a Spyder but which one? Would be nice if the thread starter stated this since they started this thread.

I did. The link I posted to the adaptor will take you to the specific Triumph bike that is a match. The adaptor is a perfect fit, including the hardware that comes with it to install.

Road-Kill
08-11-2017, 05:04 PM
I did. The link I posted to the adaptor will take you to the specific Triumph bike that is a match. The adaptor is a perfect fit, including the hardware that comes with it to install.

Thanks. I was buring brain cell at a rapid pace. The link never took me to the Triumph adaptor.

It kept asking which bike:yikes:

jcthorne
08-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Thanks. I was buring brain cell at a rapid pace. The link never took me to the Triumph adaptor.

It kept asking which bike:yikes:

Triumph Daytona 675

Road-Kill
08-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Just thought I would share a new product available for the F3. Well not new but the F3 is a new application.

This is a SW-MoTech tank lock EVO Engage tank bag with an adaptor ring on the fuel fill opening. It attaches and detaches easily and is very steady while riding. Holds quite a bit and does not seem to interfere with control or viewing of instruments. The contour comes out looking like it was designed specifically for the F3.

I noticed you have the same F3 with GPS mount as I do. Does it block your GPS and instrument display? What seat do you have? Is it comfy?

The 650 Triumph does not exist in bikes listed for that tank adaptor. Am I missing something? Also, exactly what bag did you buy, there are several different types. Thanks

ABQSpyder
08-12-2017, 10:15 AM
OP. State's it's a EVO Engage bag!

SpyderHands
08-12-2017, 10:14 PM

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-tankring-adapter-kit-mv-agusta-triumphThe actual tank bag product item description states that it comes with two (2) different types of tank rings, so no need to purchase the tank ring in addition to the tank bag.

jcthorne
08-13-2017, 06:37 AM
The actual tank bag product item description states that it comes with two (2) different types of tank rings, so no need to purchase the tank ring in addition to the tank bag.

The bag does NOT come with the tank ring. You have to purchase separately.

To get through the menus at Revzilla, use a 2015 Triumph Daytona 675 (https://www.revzilla.com/vehicles/select?mode=product_detail&product_id=296635).as the bike.

SpyderHands
08-13-2017, 08:12 AM
The bag does NOT come with the tank ring. You have to purchase separately.

To get through the menus at Revzilla, use a 2015 Triumph Daytona 675 (https://www.revzilla.com/vehicles/select?mode=product_detail&product_id=296635).as the bike.I re-read the item description and discovered the item comes with the UPPER tank ring and a second tank ring is needed. Sorry 'bout that!

JTC
12-15-2017, 07:50 PM

The tank ring has to go on backwards due to direction fuel cap opens. This causes the bag to have to be mounted so high it interfers with the ignition key. Did you find a way around this?

JimSter
07-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Hi jcthorne:

Thanks so much for posting all of this.
Got mine ordered. And it says two day delivery. Wahoo!!!;)

JimSTer

JimSter
07-25-2019, 03:00 PM
Opps I missed this last tid bit.
But I've got one waiting to be installed in the garage. And this was posted a year and one half ago, and no answer.:dontknow:

JimSter
07-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Well I got everything out to check and see how it's going to mount. Unfortunately this is a pretty complicated installation. Requiring that you drill holes (the drill bit is included) in the bottom of the tank bag to mount the fastner to the bag.
Also the dry fit is looking as though
I'm very worried that once I start to drill into the bag and I can't make it work, I'll be out about $150 with my new tank bag in the trash instead of on the bike.

Im asking for someone that has done this before to please give us some more information and photos if possible.

Thanks so much, JimSTer

jcthorne
07-25-2019, 05:16 PM
Here is a photo of the mount on the bottom of the bag

RockinRod
07-25-2019, 06:39 PM
Well I got everything out to check and see how it's going to mount. Unfortunately this is a pretty complicated installation. Requiring that you drill holes (the drill bit is included) in the bottom of the tank bag to mount the fastner to the bag.
Also the dry fit is looking as though
I'm very worried that once I start to drill into the bag and I can't make it work, I'll be out about $150 with my new tank bag in the trash instead of on the bike.

Im asking for someone that has done this before to please give us some more information and photos if possible.

Thanks so much, JimSTer

I have recently installed this tank bag.
See my post S/ W Moto Engage in the posting for more pictures.
Rod