PDA

View Full Version : NYS Road Test

Tgarvey6
07-31-2017, 06:47 PM
I have just recently purchased a Spyder. Does anyone know what NYS requires on a road test with a Spyder? I have heard K- turn and parallel park. Others have said just show you understand and have control riding.

newbert
07-31-2017, 07:10 PM
I have just recently purchased a Spyder. Does anyone know what NYS requires on a road test with a Spyder? I have heard K- turn and parallel park. Others have said just show you understand and have control riding.

Are you taking the road test with the Spyder or with a 2-wheeler? I ask because I think that the requirements are different for each. (ie - Years ago at least, the 2 wheel test required a Figure 8). N

ote that taking the test with the Spyder will not get you the full Motorcycle endorsement, if that matters to you. You'll get an endorsement that only allows you to ride a 3 wheeler.

Tgarvey6
07-31-2017, 07:30 PM
I am taking it on the Spyder. I'm aware of the restriction to 3 wheelers only. I have no plans to ride a 2 wheeler. I know the requirements for a 2 wheeler but there is nothing in writing about a 3 wheeler test.

gardengoon
07-31-2017, 08:16 PM
I am taking it on the Spyder. I'm aware of the restriction to 3 wheelers only. I have no plans to ride a 2 wheeler. I know the requirements for a 2 wheeler but there is nothing in writing about a 3 wheeler test.

when I took mine it was just like a car 3 point turn, parallel park

beast68
08-02-2017, 02:20 PM
When I took mine in 2015 in Port Jervis NY it was the following
Left turn
Right turn
2 Circles
2 Figure 8's
Back to start area.

Lineman249
02-13-2019, 10:03 AM
I took mine in seneca falls ny last august. Basic down the street , right circle, left circle, right figure 8, left figure 8 then a couple right, left turns going back to the start. No 3 point which i had practiced. Did it in a pretty good rain. No mercy from tester. Lol. I ve had a serious leg injury. Couldn t pass a 2 wheel test. License restricted to 3 wheel only. No problem. If u can ride the Spyder u shouldn t have any problem with the test.

My3sharpeis
02-13-2019, 10:21 AM
I took the 2 day course that BRP has to offers. The one I went to was at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy NY, but they offer it all over. Once the course is completed they give you a certificate to take to DMV and DMV gives you the license. No need for a road test.

Zip
02-13-2019, 10:36 AM
https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/learntoride/registration.html

ARtraveler
02-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Good information about testing. :bowdown: