PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Help!

acpd22
07-29-2017, 12:17 PM
About to leave out on a ride in couple of hours with some friends. While I was washing my truck, I happened to glance toward the garage and I noticed my tail lights were on on my 2016 F-3 Limited. At first I thought maybe it was reflection but I put my hand by the tail lights and it is definitely illuminated. I started the bike and turned on the blinkers and put my foot on the brake and then turned everything off and it is still illuminated. Strange thing is that it is the inner most portion of the tail light nearest the license plate. When I started the bike the whole tail light illuminated. Essentially it is about a third or fourth on the tail light that lights up for no reason. Help!

Bob Denman
07-29-2017, 12:22 PM
:shocked: Try picking up on the brake pedal, and see if that makes a difference...
Beyond that: I got nuthin'!
Good Luck! :thumbup:

cuznjohn
07-29-2017, 12:33 PM
have you installed anything lately. for some strange reason it sounds like a back feed. another thing could be a light reflection from out side. go in the garage, and close the door when you see the lights on. with a dark garage see if you still see the light on.

acpd22
07-29-2017, 12:35 PM
I closed the garage door and still lit up. I also lifted up on the brake pedal. I'm going to see if I can unplug my trailer wiring converter. I put it on 3 months ago. Hopefully that is the culprit.

cuznjohn
07-29-2017, 12:52 PM
please let us know

acpd22
07-29-2017, 01:02 PM
Took the trailer module off and everything worked fine. Now to find out why.

Bob Denman
07-29-2017, 01:10 PM
I'm glad that you found the source of the problem! :congrats:
It's probably time to call your dealer... :banghead:

cuznjohn
07-29-2017, 01:13 PM
look at the pins on the wiring of the hitch plug, see if any are crushed and touching

Chupaca
07-29-2017, 03:51 PM
Isn't it nice to find the source of your problem..? And now to find the why..:banghead: but it looks like a feed back from a power source. Did you check it with the trailer hooked up? If all works normal with it hooked up you may have to disconnect the adapter when not using the trailer...:dontknow: