PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to the Lone Star Rally ?

Trailboss
07-24-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm waiting to see what the 2018's have to offer before deciding to buy a Spyder. I'm told the 18's will be out Sept 18th. I was wondering how many Spyder riders are planning to attend the Lone Star Rally in Galveston, TX Nov 02-05,2017. I just completed the Rider Course in La Marque and plan to take the wife on a test ride Aug 5th.

Dmetcalf
07-24-2017, 07:45 PM
We have an RV site booked and are looking forward to it. Been attempting to get to this rally for years but my schedule just wouldn't allow. This year we are definitely going ..!!

Spider-man
07-24-2017, 08:40 PM
Maybe you'll have your Spyder in time for this one:

www.spydersinthehills.com

Michael211_2000
07-25-2017, 03:10 PM
There are really good deals to be found on gently used Spyder's (some with factory warranty remaining and/or extended warranty). And a LOT more selection when you look at used ones too! It's surprising how many people buy motorcycles then never ride them. Mine was 11 months old when I bought it and only had ~800 miles on it, in the 4 years I've owned it I've put almost 18K miles on it and saved a lot of money going used!

Just thought I'd mention it. Regards and best wishes!

- Michael

Gsebring
07-25-2017, 04:26 PM
Did not see any spyder booths there last year. Harley haven for the most part

Trailboss
07-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Did not see any spyder booths there last year. Harley haven for the most part

Yeah HD rules the roost right now, but like the Rally itself, the LSR started out with a few hundred people, now it (LSR) rivals most other state's rallies, including Daytona & Sturgis. I am going to keep an eye on how many Spyders show up for the LSR, Spyders in the Hills, Etc to see how popular the Spyder is becoming. I've ridden bikes for fifty years and owned 30 motorcycles, including Wings and Harleys. I don't preach and I don't try to convert anybody. I tried the first Spyder in 08 or 09 and wasn't impressed. Ten years later and a few major improvements and I am impressed. I took the 3 wheel rider course and every time I rode the Spyder I was more impressed. I don't care if guys want to dis me for wanting a Spyder: as long as they have put the same number of years and miles on two wheels as I have. I could care less what those who bought a motorcycle at middle age to ride back and forth to the beer joint think.