PDA

View Full Version : CRAPPY LOOKING STAINLESS STEEL

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-24-2017, 01:33 PM
I loooooooooove to cook ( and eat it :roflblack: ) and got really tired of cleaning my Stainless Steel pots and fry pans :banghead::banghead: ...even with a scrubbing wheel on my drill it took a long time and wasn't perfect .. Sooooooooooo I tested using spray Oven Cleaner on them ...... OMG :yikes: , baked on black crud - GONE .... the Heat staining on the outside - Gone ...... they now looked like they did when they came out of the box :yes::yes::yes:( well almost :dontknow: ) ..... I did double wash them after for safety. So if your slightly anal about the way yours looks try it ...... I get the No fume , don't have to heat to work kind, I leave it on overnight - 12 hrs etc. .... ( and YES it's pouring out :gaah:) ............ Mike :thumbup:...... :popcorn:PS, I don't plan to do this often, it takes awhile for them to get nasty :popcorn:.

Bob Denman
07-24-2017, 01:56 PM
This is a VERY useful tip; Thanks! :clap: :thumbup:

Grandpot
07-24-2017, 02:00 PM
I love it when people repurpose stuff. :bowdown:

SpyderAnn01
07-24-2017, 03:20 PM
And if you've got custom paint or pinstripes that you don't like you can use oven cleaner to remove that also.

Chupaca
07-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Use more cast iron and ceramic but good to know...:bowdown:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-24-2017, 04:47 PM
And if you've got custom paint or pinstripes that you don't like you can use oven cleaner to remove that also. Ann, I think you need to provide more details on EXACTLY how this is done.....( unless it was said as a joke ) IMHO oven cleaner does not discriminate or choose what it destroys ( namely serious CRUD ).... How would everything that you didn't want re-moved be protected ????? ..... Mike :thumbup: