PDA

View Full Version : cable for an Ipod

gerald37
07-23-2017, 05:01 PM
I purchased my Can Am Spyder used. I see they are suppose to have two cables in the tour pack for auto input. Mind just has the one with the flat end which I have nothing that would hook to. Is there any one on this site that sales them or to I have to have a dealer order it. I sure would like to have one with a USB that you could play music like the Goldwing.

Bob Denman
07-23-2017, 05:26 PM
The older bikes (2014 & prior) only had the round plug in the top trunk. There were two patch cords that plugged into it:
One was for IPods. It had the 3/4" long 20 (or is it 30?) pin connector that plugged into the IPod, and the other end plugged into the bike.
The other one would plug into the bike, and it had a co-zxial plug that you would plug into your MP3 players output plug (Just like your earbuds would)
Your 2015 should also have a USB connector somewhere in there. :dontknow:
(I think that's when they added it...)

gerald37
07-23-2017, 06:18 PM
The older bikes (2014 & prior) only had the round plug in the top trunk. There were two patch cords that plugged into it:
One was for IPods. It had the 3/4" long 20 (or is it 30?) pin connector that plugged into the IPod, and the other end plugged into the bike.
The other one would plug into the bike, and it had a co-zxial plug that you would plug into your MP3 players output plug (Just like your earbuds would)
Your 2015 should also have a USB connector somewhere in there. :dontknow:
(I think that's when they added it...)

Mine is a 2015 I cannot find a USB connector any where. I would like to have the plug for a MP3 if I cannot have a USB. USB is what I would like to have.

Bob Denman
07-25-2017, 08:17 AM
I finally found the information that we needed: the USB port became available for model year 2016.
Yours doesn't have it... :banghead:
I don't think that it's possible to fit it to the earlier bikes... not without some sort wiring wizardry! :gaah:

trikermutha
07-25-2017, 10:14 AM
I just went to an APPLE Nano and bought the adapter to fit the Apple plug that was supplied with the Spyder and works well.

It displays the name and can change the songs from the handlebar controls.

Still playing around yet but so far working well.

So is your device USB? Look for an adapter cable that works with the Spyder Apple plug.