PDA

View Full Version : Tank Bag

Speedsterjohnny
07-23-2017, 04:49 PM
I have a tank bag that I used on my Sportster and it was very useful. However, the bag mounts magnetically, so I guess you can see the problem with mounting it on my F3. I am assuming that I could sew some straps to the bottom and run them underneath then use velcro to connect the straps to the bottom of the bag. Before I go to far with this idea, I am wondering what others may have done. The bag is almost brand new, so I don't want to scrap it and buy another one. Any thoughts?
Thanks!:helpsmilie:

Bfromla
07-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Most tank bags already have "D" rings sewn in place, use them & some camping straps & or some Velcro straps. :2thumbs:
Can also add some quick detach clips to either end:thumbup:

If not happy with placement, you might find a good trade with some one in opposite situation :dontknow:

Peter Aawen
07-23-2017, 05:38 PM
One strap up front around the lower part of the steering head; another up the back dropping down between the seat & the glovebox/pie warmer then around the main frame spar, & voila, there's a tank bag on an RT that you can fit all sorts of things into, so I'm sure you could readily do something similar on an F3! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Since you actually need to be able to turn the bars on your F3: why not just bungee the back down to the pillion pad? :thumbup:

SPYD3R
07-23-2017, 06:16 PM
THAT'S WHAT I DID.....
i added a length of 1" nylon straps to the existing straps, and looped it down under the gas tank... works fine...
151397 151398 :yes:
Dan P
SPYD3R

Speedsterjohnny
07-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Most tank bags already have "D" rings sewn in place, use them & some camping straps & or some Velcro straps. :2thumbs:
Can also add some quick detach clips to either end:thumbup:

If not happy with placement, you might find a good trade with some one in opposite situation :dontknow:
Since the bag is designed to be attached magnetically, there are no "D" rings present. Whatever I attach will be sewn or attached with velcro. Finding somebody willing to trade is a great idea but not likely. Anybody out there that wants to do that? :dontknow: