PDA

View Full Version : Detailing

Rookiespyder
07-23-2017, 07:27 AM
How is it that after every ride when I get home. I am always cleaning my spyder i.e. the bugs, dust and everything in between. Waxing chrome cleaner windex I am a detailing freak, but I wish that I could do it every second time or 3rd time. I guess it is so that I can see the beauty in it all the time.

4 MARIE
07-23-2017, 07:35 AM
you can do "all this" because you are younger than I, and a little more "retentive".
Oh My vehicles used to look show-worthy all the time. But now that I am progressing in years,
and wisdom, I clean the windshield, knock the bugs out of the grille, wipe the mirrors down,
and dust off the seat when needed. and then I ryde,ryde,ryde.
I only have a certain amount of time left on earth, I want to spend it with relationships, not my "stuff".
Our perspective changes over time. I guarantee, your's will too. STAY SAFE.

Chupaca
07-23-2017, 09:59 AM
Depends a lot on the products you use for cleaning and polishing. Gotta say there are new ones every day, I am not one to do the whole washing thing but do a full frame and engine wash once a year. The rest of the time it is just the clean and polishing with (currently 303 products) spray on wipe off protective products. They make clean up a lot easier. Have used Plexus, Protect all, Black Diamond and a few I can't remember and the old stand by Pledge. :thumbup:

MurrayBrown
07-24-2017, 12:03 PM
you can do "all this" because you are younger than I, and a little more "retentive". Oh My vehicles used to look show-worthy all the time. But now that I am progressing in years, and wisdom, I clean the windshield, knock the bugs out of the grille, wipe the mirrors down, and dust off the seat when needed. and then I ryde,ryde,ryde.
I only have a certain amount of time left on earth, I want to spend it with relationships, not my "stuff". Our perspective changes over time. I guarantee, your's will too. STAY SAFE.

HaHaHaHa! You and I must be twins! Mind you, that age thing is a factor for me also!

Wrongway
08-06-2017, 06:38 AM
I should buy shares in lemon pledge.
after every ride I tend to use the lemon pledge to get the bugs off and then spot clean the rest.
A full soap and water cleaning only happens after I'm caught in a rain storm.

LAZY??? MAYBEE!!! But it is what is is. :)

Richardv
08-06-2017, 08:26 AM
How is it that after every ride when I get home. I am always cleaning my spyder i.e. the bugs, dust and everything in between. Waxing chrome cleaner windex I am a detailing freak, but I wish that I could do it every second time or 3rd time. I guess it is so that I can see the beauty in it all the time.
I am now using Meguiar's product line. Waxing all the plastic panels, and detailing the black with their Ultimate protectant. Also waxing the wheels. The seat gets a treat with 303. It doesn't get it to slippery. (ST seat with a textured finish.)

Meguiar's product seems to be more dust repellant than many others.... we do like their lasting also...once a year, and touch-up once in a while does it....

(P.S. available at Canadian Tire)

ARtraveler
08-06-2017, 02:24 PM
I have washed the "nanner" once so far this season. "Baby" has yet to be washed. The windshield gets de-bugged prior to each ride, but thats about it.

Long live the "Alaska Grunge" look. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

harry1025
04-09-2018, 08:16 PM
I should buy shares in lemon pledge.
after every ride I tend to use the lemon pledge to get the bugs off and then spot clean the rest.
A full soap and water cleaning only happens after I'm caught in a rain storm.

LAZY??? MAYBEE!!! But it is what is is. :)
Littleoff topicwhattraileristhat

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-10-2018, 07:10 AM
because you care about your bike and take pride in it looking good :yes:

teninospyder
04-10-2018, 08:58 AM
To each his own of course but..............I like to wipe her down (I mean our Spyder, of course) with the "Professional Chauffer's favorite rag" - a Kozak Cloth - before a ride. Used these for years at Corvette shows, getting ready for judging. Silicone treated, very good dust collecting nap, and washable (which I admit I've never felt the need to do). They've never scratched either, regardless of how old. I admit also to usually wearing a pair of inexpensive cotton gloves when using these as they do tend to get your hands dirty after using them a while. Product available at many stores.
I also use the bigger microfiber towels at times. They also do a very good job on road dust and don't seem to scratch.