PDA

View Full Version : New member

Rigsby
07-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone, I have been in the background for quite a few months, looking and reading and getting a general feel for the forum and I must say you guys and gals seem a great bunch, its refreshing to see :thumbup:.

I started looking at trikes back in late 2016 after seeing a Goldwing in the motorway services here in the UK. That led me onto looking at a Harley and then onto the Spyder. Unfortunately I didn't have anywhere to park a trike until I came up with the idea of installing a multi lift into my garage so that I could lift a trike above my car. I had the garage floor reinforced and a plinth made to give me enough height to clear the car. The lift was ordered a couple of months ago but is now stuck in Purfleet Essex awaiting customs clearance. Last week I went to France for a holiday and ended up looking online (as you do) and bought myself a Spyder, yee ha. The Spyder will finish its journey from Newcastle (360 miles away) and be at my door around 10pm tonight so i'm just a little bit excited :yes:.

Glad to be a member with a Spyder now (well nearly) rather than just a bystander. Thanks to every member for all the posts and articles that they have contributed to over the weeks, months and years that have got me this far, cheers Rigsby

MercerLake
07-19-2017, 11:30 AM
Good for you! Let us know what you have brought home. Good idea about the lift!:clap:

PW2013STL
07-19-2017, 11:31 AM
:congrats::welcome:
:cheers: to your new adventures!

Tazzel
07-19-2017, 11:34 AM
would love to see that lift when it is installed!!!!

I-Day
07-19-2017, 11:39 AM
I to am new to this Spyder world. Since April. I used to read posts about how Farkeling is addictive! Well I must say I agree!😎

Rigsby
07-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Good for you! Let us know what you have brought home. Good idea about the lift!:clap:

Oh ye I forgot that bit, it is a 2016 F3s in Magnesium with the orange frame, its had a windscreen, driver and passenger backrests and floorboards fitted and its done 2700 miles :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-19-2017, 11:49 AM
:welcome: :2thumbs:
Here's to lots of "Miles & Smiles"! :cheers:

Zip
07-19-2017, 11:53 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:Enjoy your new ryde

Rigsby
07-19-2017, 12:07 PM
The next thing for me to do is go and get some safety gear, helmet, jacket gloves etc.
I have never been on 2 wheels so need to buy everything before I can get out and ride. Don't think going out in a shirt,shorts and a cap would be a good idea eh

There are a couple of big car parks nearby so those will be my first place to visit once I'm kitted out

Roadster Renovations
07-19-2017, 12:51 PM
:welcome::congrats: on the ryde and lift!

Chupaca
07-19-2017, 01:25 PM
to both the spyder world and this site. congrats on the new ryde...:2thumbs: like the plan soon to be finished lifting the spyder and being able to keep both vehicles same and tucked away...enjoy the ryde and send pictures of both the garage with lift and the spyder...:thumbup:

RTman10
07-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Welcome fellow UK member. I'm also new, got mine last month. I have come from 2 wheels which apparently the less easy way into Spyder riding. Getting any accessories for them over here is much more difficult than it is for our friends over the pond but except for a half cover have yet to be tempted. And we all what to see that lift. Expect to become a local celebrity when you take it out.

RTman10
07-19-2017, 01:50 PM
The next thing for me to do is go and get some safety gear, helmet, jacket gloves etc.
I have never been on 2 wheels so need to buy everything before I can get out and ride. Don't think going out in a shirt,shorts and a cap would be a good idea eh

There are a couple of big car parks nearby so those will be my first place to visit once I'm kitted out

I have a mountain of bike clothing and to be honest most of it is too bulky or over armoured forbthe Spyder. Don't go for full length bike boots , too hot . Same with jackets and trousers, obviously waterproof but nothing thermal. As for helmets try the flip,up type . Best of luck. We regularly go shopping with ours in normal stuff. When you have been forced to wear a helmet for ever it's very liberating to go out in a baseball cap.

ARtraveler
07-19-2017, 03:02 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new :ani29:

Rigsby
07-19-2017, 04:30 PM
I have a mountain of bike clothing and to be honest most of it is too bulky or over armoured forbthe Spyder. Don't go for full length bike boots , too hot . Same with jackets and trousers, obviously waterproof but nothing thermal. As for helmets try the flip,up type . Best of luck. We regularly go shopping with ours in normal stuff. When you have been forced to wear a helmet for ever it's very liberating to go out in a baseball cap.

Thanks for the tips on riding gear. I went to a local accessory store and the choices are bewildering when you don't know what you are doing lol. I looked at some of the flip up helmets and they seemed like the best of both worlds.

Well the Spyder arrived at about 9.30 pm, safe and sound although it was a bit worrying watching them unload it on my sloping drive with bits of wood to level the ramps up, but all was good and its tucked up in the garage now.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-20-2017, 12:02 AM
:congrats:on your spyder and :welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

RTman10
07-20-2017, 01:37 AM
And I suspect as you look out this morning it's raining and you haven't yet got any gear. That's life with a bike I'm afraid. Would be nice to know where you are in UK. You might just be providing your bit of England with its first Spyder.

loisk
07-20-2017, 03:18 AM
Just a thought...

You may like to check out Facebook UKSPYDERWEB site - people to ride with and - if they are like me - a wardrobe full of surplus gear they may sell to get you started !

Enjoy

Rigsby
07-20-2017, 03:29 AM
And I suspect as you look out this morning it's raining and you haven't yet got any gear. That's life with a bike I'm afraid. Would be nice to know where you are in UK. You might just be providing your bit of England with its first Spyder.

I am right down on the south coast in Portsmouth and I think the rain has been sent just to annoy me but I am doing a couple of jobs first. Need to move the floorboards along a bit as they are in position 2 and I need the left one in position 5. Also need to put the rear mud guard assembly back on as the previous owner preferred the bare look. Then hopefully the rain will ease off :bowdown:

scooterexpress
07-20-2017, 06:30 AM
rigsby, welcome aboard and congrats on the f3. if your looking for some great cleaning products for your spyder and your car give my supplier a look there website is carspacarcare.uk just tell them I sent you to them they have great line up of cleaning products I sell there merlins blood wheel cleaner here in the states its a great product.

RTman10
07-20-2017, 08:36 AM
I am right down on the south coast in Portsmouth and I think the rain has been sent just to annoy me but I am doing a couple of jobs first. Need to move the floorboards along a bit as they are in position 2 and I need the left one in position 5. Also need to put the rear mud guard assembly back on as the previous owner preferred the bare look. Then hopefully the rain will ease off :bowdown:

Told you so. If you fancy setting yourself a small goal and meeting up with a couple more Spyders have a look at Pidcock.com and look at their tours. The one next May to Boppard has two of them booked to it already, one of them mine. I run the tours for them. It would be about an 800 mile round trip for you over 7 days.

PrairieSpyder
07-20-2017, 08:47 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new F3!

You may have noticed our rule here: If there's no pic, it didn't really happen! So :nopic:

Ramg66
07-20-2017, 09:10 AM
:welcome: :congrats: you're going to love it, post pics and ryde on.

Rigsby
07-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Told you so. If you fancy setting yourself a small goal and meeting up with a couple more Spyders have a look at Pidcock.com and look at their tours. The one next May to Boppard has two of them booked to it already, one of them mine. I run the tours for them. It would be about an 800 mile round trip for you over 7 days.

Thats always good to know, I will take a look, thanks although my holidays are always booked well in advance for golfing trips lol

Rigsby
07-20-2017, 12:52 PM
rigsby, welcome aboard and congrats on the f3. if your looking for some great cleaning products for your spyder and your car give my supplier a look there website is carspacarcare.uk just tell them I sent you to them they have great line up of cleaning products I sell there merlins blood wheel cleaner here in the states its a great product.

Wot you you mean I have to clean it ???????

i will take a look at the website cheers

Rigsby
07-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Aaahhhhh pictures, now comes the fun, how do I do that :banghead:

Bob Denman
07-20-2017, 01:13 PM
It's kind of easy; once you get the hang of it! :D
When you are replying to something in a thread: you should see about three lines of... "Stuff", above the box that you are typing out your answer in.
In the middle row: (The one with B I U in it 0 ; go the the 12th little icon (sort of looks like a tree in a frame...) When you roll your cursor over it: you'll see it says "Insert Image". click on it! :thumbup:
When the next box opens; you should see a command at the lower right corner of it"Basic uploader"
Click on it!
It will then give you a chance to browse around in your own computer, and find the image that you want to upload. Once you find it: click on it, and it'll bring you back to that same box.
Underneath it; you'll see something like "upload image"... hit it.
And voila: your picture should appear!

Rigsby
07-20-2017, 01:37 PM

Thanks Bob, your a star:bowdown:

This is a picture from the previous owner taken a couple of weeks ago just to give you an idea of how it looks