PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar

Tyris
07-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Does the RT Limited come with a swaybar or is there not one there to begin with? If there is one, anyone have a pic of the two side by side, not sure what the difference is. New owner of course.

Peteoz
07-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Does the RT Limited come with a swaybar or is there not one there to begin with? If there is one, anyone have a pic of the two side by side, not sure what the difference is. New owner of course.

Tyris, it might just be me, but that question doesn't appear to make any sense. Yes, Spyders have a sway bar, but "a pic of the two side by side"? The two of what? ;)

Pete

Mazo EMS2
07-17-2017, 04:29 PM
I think he wants to know, if there is a stock one, what's the difference between BajaRons bar, and the stock one. BajaRons is heavier built and supposedly stronger to help prevent "roll" in the corners, and other benefits too. I still haven't had a chance to try mine since replacing it....but I did the replace in my 2010 RT I had and it did make a difference

Tyris
07-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I think he wants to know, if there is a stock one, what's the difference between BajaRons bar, and the stock one. BajaRons is heavier built and supposedly stronger to help prevent "roll" in the corners, and other benefits too. I still haven't had a chance to try mine since replacing it....but I did the replace in my 2010 RT I had and it did make a difference

Precisely, just trying to figure out if the spyder that I have has a swaybar already, what I'm getting by getting another one. I thought a side by side comparison between the stock swaybar and the Baja swaybar would give me a clue as to if its worth spending my money on or not.

I'm not cheap, but I am somewhat "tight" I see people say that it improves the ride but seems that a lot of people stick with the stock bar as well. So kind of on the fence yet.

PaladinLV
07-17-2017, 04:59 PM
ALL Spyders come with a sway bar!
No pic but the Baja is about twice as thick.
The new links are metal and move as they should; the stock are really tough to move.

Believe the 1000s that have made the switch.
You will not regret it and the easy it brings to manuevering with a proper alignment of course!

AJ

JayBros
07-17-2017, 05:12 PM
...I'm not cheap, but I am somewhat "tight" I see people say that it improves the ride but seems that a lot of people stick with the stock bar as well. So kind of on the fence yet.

I consider myself frugal which my wife translates as World Class Cheap! Nevertheless, I popped for a BajaRon bar installed by the dealer as part of the OTD package. Looking at an OEM bar and Ron's you will ony be able to see the latter is larger in diameter but you can't tell just looking how much better it will make your Spyder handle. Life is short, pop for it and have more fun!

Many brands
07-17-2017, 05:40 PM
The ends - are "metal" ? Not according to Baja Ron - the ends are now aluminum.

Bob Denman
07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Speaking of BajaRon: He's the guy who is most likely to have some side by side comparison pictures of the bars... :2thumbs:
See if he'll post them for you!

BoilerAnimal
07-17-2017, 07:24 PM
The ends - are "metal" ? Not according to Baja Ron - the ends are now aluminum.

Aluminum is a non-ferrous metal.

Peteoz
07-17-2017, 10:10 PM

Yeah, I thought that might have been it, Mazo, but there was absolutely NO mention of Bajaron's stabiliser bar anywhere in the initial post, which is why the question was so confusing.;) :thumbup:

Pete