PDA

View Full Version : Challenging road

Casher50
07-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Last afternoon I drove Missouri Hwy 19 from Salem, MO to Eminence, MO and back, about 88 miles, in about a 3 hour span (with a break in the middle). This stretch of HWY 19 is one of the most difficult and dangerous roads I have ever travelled. Anyone else have experienced this road? It is quite a trip!

BitSlayer
07-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Why do you consider dangerous? Is it due to the sate of the road surface, the number of cars or the number of corners you have to maneuver? I have not ridden as yet, but have looked at roads in that area, especially when Spyderfest was hosted in Cuba.

Casher50
07-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Why do you consider dangerous? Is it due to the sate of the road surface, the number of cars or the number of corners you have to maneuver? I have not ridden as yet, but have looked at roads in that area, especially when Spyderfest was hosted in Cuba.

The road has no shoulders in most places, has many 30-35mph curves, very narrow bridges, frequent deer crossing the road, very hilly, sun in eyes in the evening, etc., etc., etc. It also has a lot of traffic.

Bob Denman
07-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Dangerous? :shocked:
It sounds like FUN!! :yes: :thumbup:

Casher50
07-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Dangerous? :shocked:
It sounds like FUN!! :yes: :thumbup:

Challenging fun!

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Last afternoon I drove Missouri Hwy 19 from Salem, MO to Eminence, MO and back, about 88 miles, in about a 3 hour span (with a break in the middle). This stretch of HWY 19 is one of the most difficult and dangerous roads I have ever travelled. Anyone else have experienced this road? It is quite a trip! Your going to hear this a lot ..... but if you are ever near Branson Mo. just N / E is a special road ( for me anyway ) ... labeled twn rd " H " ..... very similar to the Dragon & Rattler .... but a bit faster ( not much tho ) ... The last 3 Spyderfests I have taken this road numerous times ... it connects 125 to 160 ..... which then goes down to Peel's Ferry ....... google map it ...... Mike :thumbup:

easysuper
07-17-2017, 11:40 AM
We just finished a 2,465 mile 9 day ride and ended with this one.

Bob Denman
07-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Challenging fun!
:D I can work with that!! :2thumbs:

BitSlayer
07-17-2017, 12:19 PM
:agree: I have it marked for closer inspection for some rides in that area.... :yes:

Chupaca
07-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Does sound like a fun highway....guess the sun issue would be the time of day and direcction taken but still fun...:ohyea:

ARtraveler
07-17-2017, 02:16 PM
I like "challenging" also. Sometimes we don't have a choice which road to take, and sometimes we do some for the challenge. Sounds like one for the bucket list if we get down that way. Thanks all for posting about some of these roads. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
07-17-2017, 02:58 PM
I like to ryde the squiggly lines on the map. Thanks for letting us know about that one.

Bob Denman
07-17-2017, 06:00 PM
I like to ryde the squiggly lines on the map. Thanks for letting us know about that one.
:agree:
Cars go from "Point A, to Point B" on the map. They do it in the shortest route possible. :dontknow:
But Spyders? :D
They go from "Point A, to who the heck cares?". And they take their darn sweet time in completing the trip! :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:

Casher50
07-30-2017, 06:57 PM
:agree:
Cars go from "Point A, to Point B" on the map. They do it in the shortest route possible. :dontknow:
But Spyders? :D
They go from "Point A, to who the heck cares?". And they take their darn sweet time in completing the trip! :yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:

What do you mean about taking our darn sweet time in completing the trip? Do you take it easy on challenging roads as I do? After all, my RT is not a crotch rocket!