PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Spyder RT Limited

gerald37
07-15-2017, 06:34 AM
I am new to this forum. I have been riding motorcycles for over 60 years. I started in 1955 on a 1949 Harley. I have had a large number of bikes over the years. The last 7 years I have been riding Gold Wings. I had a 2008 a 2012 and a 2015 F6B. They were just getting to heavy for me to handle and feel safe. I was having a hard time getting it on the center stand and I knew if I ever dropped it I could not pick it up. In the past I did a lot of long distance riding and always alone. My 2015 F6B was just two years old and had 32,000 miles on it. The Honda dealer I purchased it from got in a 2015 Spyder RT Limited with 10,000 miles on it. He gave me a good trade so I took it. I sure hated to see my F6B go but I knew it was best. I just got it Thursday and have put about 150 miles on it. I feel I am going to like it. It is sure different that two wheels.

I do have one question. I do my own service on my bikes. I watched several videos and I even removed the panels off mind. I have all the tools needed. Could somebody tell me what filter and service kit I need to purchase and where is a good place to purchase it?

al0vely
07-15-2017, 06:43 AM
Baja Ron is a vendor listed on this forum and he has the oil change kits plus some other stuff.

PapaHotel
07-15-2017, 06:43 AM
There is a complete kit made by Can-Am that includes the oil, filters and o-rings to do the job correctly. It costs $80-100. you can get them on Amazon, Ebay or from one of our fine Spyder-Lovers vendors. Is is in our best interest to support our vendors. If you just want the filters and prefer to buy your own oil....kit is under $20. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-15-16-17-Can-Am-Spyder-Oil-Filter-Kit-SM6-SE6-1330-ACE-All-RT-F3-Models-/381771957701?hash=item58e361c5c5:g:UcMAAOSwf~9ZY76 p

Centurion
07-15-2017, 07:44 AM
I am new to this forum. I have been riding motorcycles for over 60 years. I started in 1955 on a 1949 Harley. I have had a large number of bikes over the years. The last 7 years I have been riding Gold Wings. I had a 2008 a 2012 and a 2015 F6B. They were just getting to heavy for me to handle and feel safe. I was having a hard time getting it on the center stand and I knew if I ever dropped it I could not pick it up. In the past I did a lot of long distance riding and always alone. My 2015 F6B was just two years old and had 32,000 miles on it. The Honda dealer I purchased it from got in a 2015 Spyder RT Limited with 10,000 miles on it. He gave me a good trade so I took it. I sure hated to see my F6B go but I knew it was best. I just got it Thursday and have put about 150 miles on it. I feel I am going to like it. It is sure different that two wheels.

I do have one question. I do my own service on my bikes. I watched several videos and I even removed the panels off mind. I have all the tools needed. Could somebody tell me what filter and service kit I need to purchase and where is a good place to purchase it?

Welcome and congrats on your new Spyder!

JayBros
07-15-2017, 07:58 AM
Welcome and congrats!

Since you are quite mechanically inclined I suggest you bookmark the parts list at the web page below. You can drill down to the '15 RT-Ltd and see how the list is organized and it can come in handy when you're looking for things.
https://can-am.brp.com/spyder/shop/for-sale/parts-iframe.html

MikeT
07-15-2017, 08:11 AM
:congrats:and1330club Give yourself 500-1000 miles to get used to riding your spyder. Take it from on who went from H-Ds to GL1800 based trikes to an RT Limited, it takes a while to get used to two wheels in front. Just remember to sqaweeze the appropriate knee into the body when making turns. It might be worthwhile to read, and reread the Dos & Don'ts for Spyder ownership posted on this forum.
My '15 just crossed the 8,000+ mile mark. So we're both low mileage riders. I hope the dealer you bought from checked your Spyder over, and either performed, or had performed what was needed @the 3 year service interval. Like most vehicles, the service intervals are based on either miles driven, or time in service.
Let the farkeling begin.
Mike

trikermutha
07-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Get yourself a 36mm short profile socket for the filter canister and 6mm allen head and 45mm torx for the drains

tomand
07-15-2017, 09:21 AM
:welcome:
welcome, you will find a heath of information on this board and plenty of help. Congrats on your new bike and enjoy it!!:yes:

gerald37
07-15-2017, 05:09 PM
Get yourself a 36mm short profile socket for the filter canister and 6mm allen head and 45mm torx for the drains

I did pickup a 36mm short socket. I do need a 45mm torx which I found Home Depot has them which I will get, I have all the torx up to the T45. I purchased a filter and oil change kit. It has two filters in the kit. One engine filter and a real small filter my book does not mention where the other filter goes. I have a 2015 Roadster Spyder RT and it has Limited on the title it has the paddle shiftier no clutch. The oil change kid I have says it is for all Can-Am Roadster models. Is there anything else I should look for. Thanks for everybody help. The Spyder is completely new to me.

trikermutha
07-15-2017, 10:04 PM
I did pickup a 36mm short socket. I do need a 45mm torx which I found Home Depot has them which I will get, I have all the torx up to the T45. I purchased a filter and oil change kit. It has two filters in the kit. One engine filter and a real small filter my book does not mention where the other filter goes. I have a 2015 Roadster Spyder RT and it has Limited on the title it has the paddle shiftier no clutch. The oil change kid I have says it is for all Can-Am Roadster models. Is there anything else I should look for. Thanks for everybody help. The Spyder is completely new to me.

Think you have the wrong kit only should have one filter and o rings in the oil change kit. you will need a 6mm allen wrench too for the other drain plug

do you have the part number of you oil change kit

ARtraveler
07-16-2017, 03:44 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:

Here is a link to a helpful thread for new :spyder2: riders.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners