PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Beach -Panama City Beach, FL

FANG
05-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Met Kalavera and Littlebit yesterday morning for a ryde to The Spring Thunder Beach Rally at Panama City Beach. It was a gorgeous day sun shining and temps in the upper 70's when we left Pensacola.

We arrived and checked out the main venue at the Boardwalk - then we moved to the Edgewater venue where we met up with JWFranklin. It was a site 4 :spyder2: - 2 reds and 2 silvers (everyone knows the Silver are the fastest). JW atook us by his camp site and we were able to see his BossHoss trike. Nice machine - lots of power in that trike.

We went to the Frank Brown park venue and Tallahassee Motorsports had a Can-am display with several :spyder2: for people to see. One in particular was a red :spyder2: that was owned by one of the guys from ICSI. It was outfitted with the floorboards - driver and passenger - highway pegs that fit on the driver floorboards. The hydralic handbrake was amazing. It also had air shocks. Got to sit on the bike and try the boards and the pegs. It is outfitted with the heli bar and I liked the pullback but not the look. The people at Tallahassee motorsports loved my CAT specialties shirt "Love at first Bite" took photos of it and wanted to know where they could get them. So we gave them the information.

At every venue when we parked our :spyder2: they received a lot of attention from the mostly Harley crowd. Kalavera and I kept a laminated information sheet on the dash and handed out numers flyers that gives the SpyderLover website information, our dealer info, and the specs for the :spyder2:.

We had a great dinner at Dick's Crap Trap. Great :spyder2:Lover fellowship. New friends and contacts and hopefully soon many new spyderlover and owners.

Wish all could have been there.

docdoru
05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
:nopic:

Capt John
05-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Glad you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it. As you know my :spyder2: is in for repairs. I know you or Rodney took some pics. I hope you get them posted soon.
I know you'll be busy this month with your daughters' wedding on the 16th. I'm planning to make a day trip to Destin either the 5th or 6th of June. I'm open for either day. I get back to you later and see if we can come up with a plan to include some more ryders.

bone crusher
05-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Ya know, just like you Floridians to rub it in! Up here in MD we just have rain, more rain, and, oh, rain...

bjt
05-04-2009, 06:39 AM
:nopic:

+1

Lamonster
05-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Sounds like a great time. :thumbup:

StarTraveler649
05-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Great to hear you guys had a great time. Our weekend babysitter backed out at the last minute, so we were unable to go. :(

Will have to try again next year !