PDA

View Full Version : Frame Cleaner

Beachbum
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
What are you folks using to clean the frames and other metal parts on your spyders? I have had good luck with WD-40 sprayed on a rag.

Mazo EMS2
07-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Soap and water:clap:

JayBros
07-12-2017, 09:25 PM
:agree:

SilverFox1
07-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Hi Beachbum. I just spray everything that's black with tire spray foam. Everything looks like brand new again. ( On the frame that is. I would not spray this stuff on the Tupperware). I also do my ATVs with this stuff, lawn mowers, lawn tractors etc. etc.

SiverFox

asp125
07-12-2017, 11:06 PM
The really greasy grimy parts get a spray of engine cleaner degreaser, then everything gets hosed with the power washer.

Bob Denman
07-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Please throw another vote onto the "Soap & Water" pile for me! :thumbup:

Road-Kill
07-13-2017, 09:07 AM
What are you folks using to clean the frames and other metal parts on your spyders? I have had good luck with WD-40 sprayed on a rag.

I will NEVER use chemicals on ANYTHING again. Way too many VERY bad experiences with chemicals reacting to plastics causing discoleration or seal leaks. If the product says "safe on plastic".....run! Now I'm a soap and water guy.

(sorry about the caps but very emotional:opps:)

Beachbum
07-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Thank you all for the input. Looks like soap and water wins. The WD-40 worked great but I was concerned about doing damage to the paint or plastics as Road-Kill said.

Bob Denman
07-14-2017, 06:48 AM
WD 40 is really neat stuff, but it will gum up and make a mess if you leave it in one place for too long. nojoke

Easy Rider
07-14-2017, 06:54 AM
Thank you all for the input. Looks like soap and water wins. The WD-40 worked great but I was concerned about doing damage to the paint or plastics as Road-Kill said.

WD40 contains some good solvents.
But it's primary purpose is to leave a protective film to repel (disperse) water.
That sticky film will just trap and hold dust and dirt if left on there.

AFTER a little soap and water if it's that bad, I like the spray cleaner and wax that you can find at any bike shop under various brand names.
It's in a large spray can with a black label.....usually.

P.S. If the grunge in question is in a place where I have to get down on all 4's or use a mirror to SEE.......then it stays there until it falls off on it's own. :thumbup:

davehirst
07-14-2017, 07:52 AM
P.S. If the grunge in question is in a place where I have to get down on all 4's or use a mirror to SEE.......then it stays there until it falls off on it's own. :thumbup::agree: