PDA

View Full Version : Amazing what owning a Spyder will get you to do.

Blue Star
07-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Since the Spyder won't go thru the automated car wash, I had to wash it at home with a garden hose and bucket, so while I was at it I washed the cars. I've lived in this house for almost 4 years now, and never washed my cars by hand.

BoilerAnimal
07-11-2017, 11:12 PM
I had a similar experience last week. I washed our Spyder and then thought about washing our car and truck. Then I came to my senses and my wife and I went for a ride on our sparkling clean Spyder, instead!:yes::yes::yes:

Blue Star
07-11-2017, 11:26 PM
I had a similar experience last week. I washed our Spyder and then thought about washing our car and truck. Then I came to my senses and my wife and I went for a ride on our sparkling clean Spyder, instead!:yes::yes::yes:

You are smarter than I am.

BoilerAnimal
07-11-2017, 11:35 PM
Nah, just lazy that day!

sprdmx
07-12-2017, 05:59 AM
I did the same last week, washed the spyder and decided my car was dirty and washed it too! I never wash the car at home because it's hard to keep it from spotting when drying but I did it anyways. Fresh and clean!

BoilerAnimal
07-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Now you guys are making me look bad!:joke:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
07-12-2017, 07:02 AM
i'm the opposite, washing the car makes me want to wash the :spyder2: whether it needs it or not

Trbayth
07-12-2017, 07:04 AM
I washed my bike this past Sunday when I got home from a trip. I tried Cycle Wash (recommended by Shawn Smoak) and have to say I'm very impressed with how it worked. Wet down the bike, sprayed on Cycle Wash, let it sit a few minutes, rinsed it off, then dried it with some terry cloth towels.

Bob Denman
07-12-2017, 07:10 AM

:D Another crisis prevented! :clap: :thumbup:

Grandpot
07-12-2017, 07:20 AM
I gave the Spyder to my wife as a present. Now she has to wash it.:yes::yes::yes:

sprdmx
07-12-2017, 07:32 AM
I gave the Spyder to my wife as a present. Now she has to wash it.:yes::yes::yes:
Love that idea lol

Samson
07-12-2017, 07:54 AM
LOL, as I was washing mine, my wife says " while you have the hose out, clean my suv , its really dirty and then clean the house windows" . I went for a ride and did none of what she said! I am getting older and forget things sometimes. wink, wink.

Bob Denman
07-12-2017, 08:01 AM

PrairieSpyder
07-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Since the Spyder won't go thru the automated car wash, I had to wash it at home with a garden hose and bucket, so while I was at it I washed the cars. I've lived in this house for almost 4 years now, and never washed my cars by hand.

Washing by hand means you have an excuse to caress it while washing it! :ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Rookiespyder
07-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Now that I own a spyder my wife says that her car is getting neglected. I just told her it will only be for a couple of years. Lol.

Grandpot
07-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Now that I own a spyder my wife says that her car is getting neglected. I just told her it will only be for a couple of years. Lol.

Are you planning to get rid of the wife or the car?:shocked::clap:

oldgoat
07-12-2017, 01:22 PM
After I've washed the Spyder I need at least a 2hr rest in my rocker

After I've washed the car I need at least a 2hr rest in my rocker.

Need at least a week between the two. Getting old & feeble sucks.

davehirst
07-12-2017, 01:25 PM
What do you mean you can't take it through the automatic car wash? If you do, you save having to take a shower that night. Simple plan!

ARtraveler
07-12-2017, 01:30 PM
What do you mean you can't take it through the automatic car wash? If you do, you save having to take a shower that night. Simple plan!

Yup! Remember the Clint Eastwood movie "Any Which Way You Can? (or something like that)--the whole motorcycle gang drove through a car wash. Did not look like it hurt at all. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-12-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: Washing

I am still thinking about that one. 2014 got a simple hand wash in April. 2011 got one last year. The car went through the wash a couple months ago.

I am lax, but it is getting time again for the whole fleet. :thumbup:

Peteoz
07-12-2017, 03:43 PM
LOL, as I was washing mine, my wife says " while you have the hose out, clean my suv , its really dirty and then clean the house windows" . I went for a ride and did none of what she said! I am getting older and forget things sometimes. wink, wink.

You do realise that you are now in a whole heap of sh1t, Samson, and will be paying for that "mistake" for years? :yikes:

Pete

UtahPete
07-12-2017, 04:22 PM

You know, you're probably just making that assumption. I mean, have you even tried it? I doubt the Spyder would be any worse for wear, and your rain gear probably needs a good field test don't ya think?

Bob Denman
07-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Yup! Remember the Clint Eastwood movie "Any Which Way You Can? (or something like that)--the whole motorcycle gang drove through a car wash. Did not look like it hurt at all. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

You just HAD to mention car washes!! :yikes:
Forget the movie: here's real life!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUSs7vcg24E

ARtraveler
07-12-2017, 06:16 PM
You just HAD to mention car washes!! :yikes:
Forget the movie: here's real life!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUSs7vcg24E

It was funny, but not as funny as the watchers thought it was. IMO--maybe they were doing some wacky tabacky? :roflblack::roflblack:

EDIT on the washjobs. I broke down and hand washed/polished the 2014. I remember now that it was yellow and not adobe. :2thumbs:

Blue Star
07-12-2017, 06:24 PM
You know, you're probably just making that assumption. I mean, have you even tried it? I doubt the Spyder would be any worse for wear, and your rain gear probably needs a good field test don't ya think?

You know what it is when you assume ;)

As for rain gear; thank you for reminding me I need to get soe.

vondalyn
07-13-2017, 11:32 AM

That doesn't work at our house. I ride more, thus my spyder gets dirtier than his (high winds with dust, road construction, afternoon showers, splashback from snow melt, etc.). I don't like washing it, and I can hold out longer than my husband. First time he notices that he thinks it needs a bath, he'll say something. I ignore it. The next time, he'll ask if I'm planning on washing it. I ignore it. Then he'll ask WHEN I'm going to wash it. I say I don't know. Eventually he'll wash it, and it's always a week or more before I would have broken down and done it myself.

The exception is when he's out of town or I ride through a bunch of grasshoppers or some other nasty bug guts infestation. Then I usually wash it the same day.