PDA

View Full Version : Led lights

Rookiespyder
07-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Some of the led lights are burnt out on my left fender rear facing red lights. Do I have to change the whole piece or not likely can I just change the little bulbs if that is what they are. I have no idea because I just bought this bike, and I am new to all of this stuff.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Some of the led lights are burnt out on my left fender rear facing red lights. Do I have to change the whole piece or not likely can I just change the little bulbs if that is what they are. I have no idea because I just bought this bike, and I am new to all of this stuff.
Question : how are we to know what Spyder you are referring to ????? .......... I don't think any Spyder ever made had LED's where you are stating they are ..... on the very bottom of some fenders above the mud flat is RED reflective tape. It never had lights in it ....... Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2017, 09:52 PM
If you are talking about the rear of the front fenders then, yes you do have to replace the whole light. If you can see who they were made by you should be able to get a free replacement as most of the vendors guarantee the led bulbs for life.

Chupaca
07-11-2017, 10:18 PM
i know you can get rolls of lights and cut to length but fixing one inline is not like a Xmas tree lights. I would replace the strip ...:dontknow:

Rookiespyder
07-12-2017, 05:14 AM
Oops I forgot to mention still new at this. I have a 2015 spyder RTL I bought it from a dealership it was used. The original owner popped the red reflector lens out and replaced it with LED lights. They are running lights with the signals on them. Hopefully these are the ones that are good for life and I can exchange them.

cptjam
07-13-2017, 12:49 AM
You should see brand name.