PDA

View Full Version : Install

lmadsen
07-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Is the bump skid plate difficult to install on a 2014 RTS?

fastfraser
07-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Not really . You just need enough clearance underneath to get a drill and bit under to drill a couple holes .

JayBros
07-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Spyderpop's instructions are very explicit. Do have a sharp drill bit and be careful drilling the two holes near the radiator hoses.

Buckeye Bleau
07-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Spyderpop's instructions are very explicit. Do have a sharp drill bit and be careful drilling the two holes near the radiator hoses.

HowPray tell do usually know that or remember it.

Joe

ARtraveler
07-11-2017, 06:38 PM
As mentioned above, the instructions are good. You will have to drill a couple holes, the warnings about where are also good. :thumbup:

JayBros
07-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Buckeye, when I received my bump skid the instructions came with it and were as plain as day. I'm not certain I understand your question.

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2017, 08:10 PM
And do not skip the drilling of the holes.

Boilermaker
07-11-2017, 08:58 PM
The installation instructions are posted on Lamonster's website if you want to see what is involved. I did mine last weekend and it took about 45 minutes. Much easier if you get the front end up in the air so you can get a power drill under it.

JayBros
07-12-2017, 06:05 AM
...Much easier if you get the front end up in the air so you can get a power drill under it.

A pair of car ramps gave me just enough room to easily drill the holes.

Buckeye Bleau
07-12-2017, 06:16 AM
Buckeye, when I received my bump skid the instructions came with it and were as plain as day. I'm not certain I understand your question.

No worries I was just referring to your statement about the radiator hoses, most of us remember mistakes like that because we did it. An example was when I was drilling hoses for the block off plate and hit a radiator hose. :banghead::roflblack:

Joe

Bob Denman
07-12-2017, 07:26 AM
:shocked: About those holes:
It's pretty important to NOT let that drill get away from you, and go any deeper than is necessary! nojoke
Wrap a bunch of electrical tape around the drill bit at the depth that you want: enough to stop the bit when that depth is reached, and let that be your guide. :thumbup:

JayBros
07-12-2017, 07:27 AM
It was close but I did not hit either hose. Someone later than my job posted a tip about marking the depth on the bit with tape -- has merit.

4 MARIE
07-12-2017, 08:24 AM
:shocked: About those holes:
nojoke
Wrap a bunch of electrical tape around the drill bit at the depth that you want: enough to stop the bit when that depth is reached, and let that be your guide. :thumbup:

with the escalating cost of electrical tape, you might consider an actual Drill Stop. It will pay for itself the first use.

trikermutha
07-12-2017, 08:27 AM
the more room you have the easier to install. The hardest part is holding the plate up while getting the bolts screwed in. :roflblack: