PDA

View Full Version : First ride

Rookiespyder
07-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Finally after buying my first used 2015 Spyder RTL I got out on a ride yesterday afternoon. Sqeeling brakes is that normal for a bike that was sitting at a dealership for a couple of months. Will this go away after riding for a while.

Centurion
07-11-2017, 06:22 AM
Congratulations on your new bike and first ride! Every ride will get better and more enjoyable as you learn how your bike responds to you and you to it. The brakes may be a bit dusty and thus squealing.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-11-2017, 09:57 AM
This is ONLY common when you stop or slow in reverse.... going forward they shouldn't ... you can get some spray products that will have some effect .... but as the other poster said , if it was not used for a long period it may need cleaning .... using them will do that .... but if it persists take it back ...... Mike :thumbup:

Tazzel
07-11-2017, 10:13 AM
My F3 brakes have always Sqeeled a little. Dealer said it was in normal range. Some here have said to spray with wheel/brake cleaner and the noise will go away. I have not remembered to purchase so I don't know if it actually helps.

ARtraveler
07-11-2017, 02:23 PM
:welcome: and...what they said about the brakes. :yes:

Chupaca
07-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Make a few straight line emergency stops at about 60 mph. This should heat them up and clean them and the disc off. If from brake dust some simple green sprayed on and hosed off will get the dust off...:thumbup:

willey
07-11-2017, 03:09 PM
ride about 20 or 30 yds in reverse gentling riding your brake pedal.this has allways worked for me.

Rookiespyder
07-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Some of the led lights are burnt out on my left fender rear facing red lights. Do I have to change the whole piece or not likely can I just change the little bulbs if that is what they are. I have no idea because I just bought this bike, and I am new to all of this stuff.

tjsox
07-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Congratulations on getting your Spyder. Check out Ontario Spyder Ryders on Facebook. Lots of info and the occasional ride. Check out Stanley's BBQ. You will meet plenty of riders in the area.

UtahPete
07-12-2017, 04:48 PM
Some of the led lights are burnt out on my left fender rear facing red lights. Do I have to change the whole piece or not likely can I just change the little bulbs if that is what they are. I have no idea because I just bought this bike, and I am new to all of this stuff.

LED lights are actually solid state devices soldered to a circuit board of some type. They should outlast you in normal use, which is why they don't make them repairable. Most of the vendors on this forum that provide LED products will provide a warranty, so it would help if you had the paperwork from the prior owner to show who provided / installed them.

Otherwise, you can either live with having one or two diodes burned out, or you can replace the whole fixture. Not too many other options.

BTW, LED's are not unique to Spyders, but the after-market products on your bike are in most cases designed specifically for the Spyder. Time to do a little research and maybe post a picture for us to better understand what you're dealing with.