PDA

View Full Version : NORTH, TO ALASKA!

kep-up
07-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Lancaster, PA today, Fairbanks, Alaska tomorrow!

North to Alaska, we're goin' north. The rush is on......... Johnny Horton:clap::yes::ohyea:

Bob Denman
07-06-2017, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tAJS0wpRY

Take lots of pictures for those of us left at home! :2thumbs:
Are you going to meet up with "D"?

Have a safe trip!

PW2013STL
07-06-2017, 12:37 PM
You will love it!!

PrairieSpyder
07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Did that a couple years ago and it was a great trip and a wonderful adventure! Don't forget to post pics!

lenlis
09-15-2018, 05:04 AM
Lancaster, PA today, Fairbanks, Alaska tomorrow!

North to Alaska, we're goin' north. The rush is on......... Johnny Horton:clap::yes::ohyea:

Lenlis, so, based on your comment, I'm guessing
you flew. Did you rent a bike or spyder in Alaska?

We are seriously considering trip ...looking to talk to others that have already "Got the t shirt".
Thanks Len listed

kep-up
09-15-2018, 07:09 AM
Lenlis, so, based on your comment, I'm guessing
you flew. Did you rent a bike or spyder in Alaska?

We are seriously considering trip ...looking to talk to others that have already "Got the t shirt".
Thanks Len listed

Did not rent bike or spyder. Did the touristy fly/bus/jeep/train/cruise thing. Would love to go again, but with a different plan; I like planning my own itinerary. In fact, my wife says that every trip with me is "an adventure."

It's getting a bit late in the year for me to be traveling to AK. These old bones would probably not appreciate the temps.

What I can say is, GO FOR IT! You won't regret it!

ARtraveler
09-15-2018, 01:35 PM
The tourist season is a bit on the short side. June-August--mostly prime. The Memorial Day/Labor Day on/off is about right.

Fall is in full swing now. Days can be moderate--we have had two weeks of above normal temps--low 60's. The nights now have that fall/winter chill--mid to low 40's.

Snow expected here (Anchorage area) in less than 30 days. It has been showing up in points North.

My drive yesterday on the Old Glenn was a sharp reminder that winter is coming. Once behind the mountains, and the sun blocked, the temp dropped a noticeable 10 degrees. The cold air was like walking into a meat locker freezer.

I ride until the black ice comes on the road--but not a lot of others do. Sept 30--most just park their bikes. :yes:

easysuper
09-17-2018, 10:56 AM
I retire this December and am planing on riding north this coming summer or next, we had planed to ride with the North to Alaska group the last time but work got in the way, Not anymore !
If we decide to go this coming summer we will put out an invite to see if anyone is interested.